Banned from entry in NEP

khunsanuk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am shocked, SHOCKED mind you, to discover that Thailand is a racist nation.

:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

TIT

I'm sure Bangkokians respect their OWN countryside neighbors, with colorful names for them as well!

Kind of hard to be the idealistic moral conscious when one is merely a "visitor"(tourists & expats alike).

Hi!

I can't see anything in my post that indicates that it was directed at you. Throughout the years this discussion has been up in many threads. It is my observation that many of the same people that defend blatant racism against westerners, or completely denies that it exists, whine like littler children when non westerners are targeted. To me this kind of attitude is PC correctness which in my book is a synonym to stupidity. I don't know if it also is in Roget's thesaurus but it should be. :)

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. There are a few people on the board that I would love to insult, you are not one of them.

"I do agree with you that many bars do not allow of Indian origin, even I'm of Indian origin like u (2nd generation american). the main reason is here the spending power which thai people think, that is bottom line and it is fact. I know many bars girls, mangers, mamsans in SC & NEP, who tell me that they just walk in have one drink and sit. The bars are in the business to push LD & BF's." vinod

I think you misunderstood me by my quote "A bar let me in without any problem and same bar stop me next day"

Not spending, no I am not in that category. once in, I spent morethan many others. my drink, lady drink, bar fine ETC.

I don't think the reason is what you said. atleast in my case. besides, I have seen some guys simply come in and watch the girls for 5 minutes then leave without even a single drink.

If they feel something like this, why they don't let the rough guys stand inside instead of at entrance, then kick out any guys who they feel not suitable there. This is the rule in most of the sex club in Europe. thanks.

quote "I suspect that many a bar girl applies many of same approches. they are, running a business, not socializing"

Yes, you are right. that's why, each and every girl I bar fined wants to come with me again.

"Someone says thais have problem associating with Indians and Arabs"

I HAVE BEEN IN THE PLACES IN BANGKOK WHERE THEY WELCOME ME AND BANNED WHITES. (I hate this too)

How you going to explain it?

Vinod, to explain things more clearly let me tell you this story. during my sanuk at september 2001, I used to frequent in a bar at nana. HOLYWOOD. bar fined two dancers and a waitress two times on different nights and was very freindly with all of them especially with the waitress. I even become freindly with one of the owners. forgot his name the guy always with microphone with him cheers the guests. it was little bit more expensive for me than any other bars due to too many lady drinks for the grils I know, but I was enjoying the wonderfull atmosphere there. Then came the shit, one day the door guy stop me at entrance. I am sure he have seen me before. I try to explain, even mentioned the owner name, he was not in a mood to listen, simply pushing me away. Finally I left the place.

That?s quite a leap of logic SOTH.....

>>.... they are [color:"blue"] able [/color] to drink alongside arabs, nigerian guys etc ....... [color:"blue"] therefore [/color] they [color:"blue"] must [/color] want to spend all their drinking moments solely in the company of Arabs and Nigerians on Soi 3 ????

I mean I am "able" to wander through the lingerie section in Big C supermarket with my gf selecting bras and panties , but I have better things to do than spend all my time there... whereas the ladies' changing rooms would be a different story! :hubba:

I am able to sit next to any other human being on this planet who does nothing whatsoever to upset me personally, and especially if his only fault?? is having the freckles on his skin joined together into one pigmentation.

My PCness knows no bounds. I am even able to sit next to Poms in a bar despite all their whinging about the national demise on the cricket and rugby fields, but I don't want to spend all my waking moments with them ..... even though we share the same sheila as boss cocky. ::

Only joking .... some of my best mates are Poms.

.....problem solved???? What's the problem. No problem for me, mate. Room enough for all of us on the planet I reckon.

Chok dee

Same happened to my Thai friends at a large go go bar in Nana. I was close to finishing my beer at RB2 when they wanted to join, so I told them to go to the next bar on our agenda for the night, but in this bar they were told they could not order anything and asked to leave. No problems when I arrived a few minutes later.

To a large extent I think this is a question more of money than racism. You have to be perceived as a rich guy to enter most of the bars (and farangs are rich by definition, except in Japanese bars). Would be interesting though to hear from a bar owner what the policy actually is.

"current anti Arab sentiment whipped up by US"

I just had to chime in here. The anti Arab sentiment may have something to do with 19 shit heads flying airplanes into tall buildings and such. Just a guess though.

Speaking from experience, having had my cousin vaporized in building #2 of the twin towers as well as losing 4 long time customers of my own business, my opinion might be a bit skewered to one side.

As one who likes to go hiking in the American southwest, I've had the unfortunate experience of getting stung by scorpions a few times. I remain a little leary of them, just as I remain a little leary of Arab men between the ages of 15 to 45.

Just relating a little personal experience on the matter here.

It has nothing to do with growing up, my friend.

Perhaps if you went to my cousins funeral where there was not even a casket

(no remains....her pocketbook was found down the street aways...)..I had to console her husband who couldn't believe his young wife

(married less than two years) had simply vanished in a fireball. There are some realities in life that some people wish not

to accept. That's fine with me. I'll chose to err on the side of self preservation, and I have the right to do so.

I work in a "bad" section of town. I own a bike shop (motor-bike for you european blokes).

After dark, I answer the door with a .357 Colt Python in my right hand, out of sight.

It's out of self preservation, not racism, even though I've been "bike-jacked" at gunpoint at the red light

at the end of my street. Some of my customers are , let's say "shadey"....when they come in, see me lower the hammer back down

and holster my gun, they know where I'm coming from and are not offended.

They know the streets, they know it is an act of self preservation and not personal.

Just "bidness" in this neck of the woods.

Walk a mile in my shoes and maybe you'd have a different opinion.

Peace out.

Archived