Banned from entry in NEP

khunsanuk

For what it's worth, I don't necessarily mind Arabs or Africans on a generel basis. However, I do have a problem with some of the guys I see on Soi 3 and do tend to stereotype. An interesting side note, as a kid, I lived in Iran for a short time, and the Persians (Iranians) we knew well, said they didn't much care for the Arabs behavior in generel, and found them to be dishonest and dirty. Perhapes nothing more than passed bad experiences and stereotyping, being done to prevent potential problems. In the case of the Japanese clubs, I think a lot has to do with privacy, common bond and racism.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"I can't see anything in my post that indicates that it was directed at you."

Your post is a reply to mine, and you are saying those that whine about this are PC wankers. My post was 'whining' about racism, so therefore I conclude that you also consider me a 'PC wanker'.

I would consider that an insult.

Sanuk!

Says Peter1964:

I heard/ know of this ... So, this policy seems not to apply there.

Well, I have only heard about LG but never went inside. A couple of months back, I decided to go there with 2 Thai GF, and was stopped at the door by their staff - saying, sorry... MEMBERS ONLY?! :: Since when did LG have a MEMBERS ONLY policy? The worse of it yet - was that I speak fluent Thai and spoke to the lady staff saying my friends are going to meet me here, she still adamantly claims it was MEMBERS ONLY, and refused to answer me back in Thai!! Fed up - I asked for the manager but conveniently, he/she was not available. So I left and decided I don't need this BS. There are plenty of bars around that could use a customer like myself, and henceforth, decided I would never go there again.

In case you are wondering - yes, I am not a westerner.

Hi!

My post was a reply to a post by 'shygye' and not to your original post. Incidentally it was not directed at anyone in particular.

If you read my post more carefully you will find that the comment about PC wankers was about people who whine about racism against non whites but defend it when whites are the target, or even worse, maintain that racism by definition can only be directed towards non white people. We have plenty of this kind in Sweden and they piss me off anywhere I encounter them.

regards

ALHOLK

You are talking about LongGun right? I never liked this bar, the atmosphere is cold, the girls usually dont approach most guys, hunt for drinks then piss off, they cram you in like a Bangkok bus, its obvious their goal is to turn over as many drinks and punters as possible, fair enough from their point of view, but we have the choice whether we go in or not, and I chose not to..

<<the current anti Arab sentiment whipped up by US is filtering down through the populist media, and becoming more dangerous than real conflict.>>

I could reply to this but it would probably be deleted. this is a sanuk board. i for one could do without this political BS baiting.

ps... why do 90% of Kanooks live within 100 mile of the USA/Canadian border? :grinyes::dunno::sleeping:

KS,

I just came back from Bangkok some hours ago, am terribly tired and did only read your post because I thought they banned you from entering NEP and intended to organise your asylum .

I understand your fried is a decent fellow and just looks Arab; I feel honestly sorry for him.

I spend 2 most peaceful weeks kinda family holiday in a nice hotel in Bangkok, which does currently host a group from a certain gulf state. The chief of the group is in the papers every day. This chief being a decent fellow as your UK friend, let me tell you that while I am typing this , I start again to sweaten with rage when I recall the way some of this gulf group of Arabs treated the Thai staff in this particular hotel. It was outright disgusting , you cannot imagine how arrogant human beings can be. This went over 2 weeks. To the one I thought was the worst, I have written a farewell letter which will certainly make hime him a member of the Al Khaida but it had to be said.

Further , during the weekend the river terrace is full of Indian families having dinner. It is the situation that I ask the waiter to place me far away from my usual table because I cannot see this scenery without starting to throw things at them if I observe the Indians ( male and female ) dealing with the Thais. The Indians are mostly locals.

There are almost all nationalities present you can think of, nice people and idiots but you will be unable to specify any nationals as "treating the Thai staff " so badly except the 2 groups I mentioned before. The week before Miss Jennifer Lopez , the Queen of Sweden were there; they smile and are polite to the staff as almost anybody else. And being nice is an attitude to which fucking everybody has easy access.

Against my usual policy not to partake in any racist- threads on the forum , I tend to say that a group of people which to the majority has no intention to offer reasonabe behaviour to their host should not complain about the echo. It is a pity that your friend suffers from the above as he obviously does not belong to the mentioned species as many others, but how do the mamasans know ?

I could continue this having been in an internet place at Sukhumvit in the African area. Man oh man.

Regards

Bbill

Hmmm.....

I have thought about this a bit and I can only say that when I am sat in a Go-Go, be it Bangkok or Pattaya, and I see someone who appears to be Middle Eastern enter, I watch them moderately closely these days.

I have even got up and left a couple of times as I feel edgy and unable to enjoy myself.

Perhaps the media did this to me, or over 3000 dead swayed my mind.

They have the ability to root this evil from their midst, but do not seem to have the conviction.

Thanks Sarisin. Now you have expalined jai - dee to me I do recall hearing about it before. I'm glad that your friend didn't allow it to put a damper on his night out.

Having been Taipan for so long on numerous board, I thought I would change to Thaipan on a UK board just to wind up some of the anti LOS members there ;) after my inaugural visit last August, in which you guys were instrumental in ensureing I knew where to go and enjoy myself.

Thaipan does have a nice ring to it but I would hate to have to go back to zero posts again!!!

Taipan

Archived