Thailand Anonymous

SiLeakHunt

I have noticed in both myself and friends who have become regular visitors to Thailand that we all display traits that are best described as addiction. Our life revolves around our next "trip". We constantly spend all our money on "trips". Our group of friends is now restricted to people who enjoy "trips". We have all become withdrawn from normal society and only show any signs of joy at the onset of a "trip".

I am thinking of forming some sort of self help group and "detox" program. Any contributors welcome. Just start by admitting to the group "My name is xxxxx and I am a Thai-oholic"

Cheers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look just because I'm saving for my 3rd trip and I spend hours everyweek reading related stuff and bought Nick Nostitz and Leathers books etc doesn't mean I'm addicted, at any time I could stop thinking about it if I wanted. I only check this website everyday because it's there, that's all. I AM NOT HOOKER (sorry Hooked).Right!

Would attending such meetings,

If I were to have an automobile acident while checking out strolling asian cuties be a prerequisite to regain my driver's license?

You ever heard of functional Thai-Oholics?

Those who are able to function normaly within society in spite of their imparement.

Like most addicts my clan has become adept at hiding it's fixation. Smiling at colleagus politiley and talking about football in the pub, whilst deep in our subconcious our hearts are elsewhere. Only today I was listening intently in a sales meeting and when I looked down at my notes may hand had drawn a scale map of Pat Pong without me even noticing.

Can this be described as normal?

I'm not a Thai-holic either I gave it up 18 years ago and can again if I have too, but who wants to. Just because this is my third trip in one year doesn't mean I'm hooked. I can quit again honest !!!!! laugh.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Who wants help....I'm in heaven. My 6th trip in 12 months.....I can only handle about 10 days per trip....I don't want help.... I Just keep changing G.F.'s and ST/Body Massage girls....I don't send money, I don't make promises...I just Boom Boom Boom. With the business slow it is better than ever.

Great thread. I have only been to LOS one time and that was for 6 weeks. After about the first week I realized I would never be the same. I now find that I think about LOS everyday and everything is held up to its standard. I have stopped trying to explain it to those who have never been there. People actualy comment on how relaxed I am and how I seem to have changed. Well I must say its true. I now realize I am going to be going back again and again just like so many before me. I figure after my next trip I will have crossed the point of no return and will be a hopeless Thai-aholic. Oh well there are worse things.

All,

Yes, all the signs are there, all quite addicted guys !!! 55555

Maybe do as what we did here in Belgium : form a group of guys one has met over the years, put that ( closed ! )group on Yahoo, and meet every week or 2 at a thai restaurant...

Sure helps !!! laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived