Thailand Anonymous

SiLeakHunt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 4 trips of varying durations and a fifth booked for this summer, I would not say its an addiction but rather that I always seem to have unfinished business that I need to attend to. Whenever I leave there are at least 5-10 hire contracts that need to be taken care of on my next trip to happy land.

Setting: Meeting of board members at an undisclosed place in America. Cold coffee & donunts are on a folding table. Chairs are assembled in a semi circle. Some members are fidgeting nervously.

Me: Hi, My name is Chocolat Steve and I'm a Thai-coholic.

Attendees: Hi Steve!

Leader of group: So Steve, your sponsor tells me you have e mailed 3 BGs this week. Which one of the 12 steps did Steve violate group?

....okay, I won't go on. You all get the point.

As a fellow TB I totally agree with you Mr Ling. There are a few things that I would like to add about conducting this faith.

Firstly, one must spend at least 2 hours a day thinking of Wat Nana, Soi 33, Cowboy and various establishments in Patters.

Secondly, daily councilling sessions must take place with other TBs. The same conversations are repeated over and over again, usually covering subject areas such as reminiscing about past holidays and how shit life is at home. Am I going completely mad or is this normal behaviour.

I lost my husband of 11 years to thailand.

It has been incredibly hard for me to overcome, but each day it gets easier.

I can only say (after visiting there) that I can't really blame him. Its cheap, its beautiful, the food is awesome and I suppose if I was man the women would certainly be a big draw as they are very nice and pretty and willing to have sex.

It is a different world compared to the states and it was interesting to watch how western men treated these women.

If they smiled and flirted and bought drinks for women back home they could probably get laid for free. I found it amazing how some of the men acted towards the women.

I would find a relationship like that quite boring in the end.

But this comment is coming from a woman and I know I will probably be flamed for my comments.

Dear curiousone

I really like your post and appreciate your understanding of our addiction, most western women make silly comments or even look down on us (at least they try).

Interesting to hear from a woman's perspective, although trying to explain it all to a western woman would be near impossible. It is hard enough to explain to my buddies who've never been enlightened.

Addiction....nah, not me. I am addicted only to euphoria.

But I suppose up to this point in my life, Thailand is the best place to go to find it. (yeah...that's it)

Archived