Thailand Anonymous

SiLeakHunt

Its interesting to read a mans perspective about the place.

I've read a lot of threads mainly to try and enlighten myself

and understand...I really never had any closure from him regarding his choices.

I wonder how many western marriages have ended once a man has visited there, or if there are significant changes in anyones relationship or if the place really has such a pull on the male psyche.

I could say that it all sounds so pathetic etc... but if someone has truly found their bliss that is cool.

Addicted to euphoria...I like that statement. I keep hearing U2 sing its just a moment, this too will pass...

Do you think that people just get stuck in the moment?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curiousone, thank you for your comments. I hope to continue to post, not only on this topic but other topics also.

You made a comment that if some of the men would treat the women back in the states like they do the Thai women they would get laid. I respectfully disagree with you there. Its a whole different paradigm. Some women in the states would take advantage and lead a guy on just to get stuff and never have sex with him. Yes, Thai women lead a guy on too but he is at least having sex. Also, the Thai women cater to western men in a way that western women either can not or do not wish to cater to men. I'm not saying they should but if they do not then they have to live with the fact that some men are going to go to a place and women that will fullfill that.

I've told freinds who think they are in love to visit before getting married and if they can 'survive' going to Thailand and still be in love, then they are ready for marriage. It may sound like I'm trying to break up their relationship but I'm testing it to the limit. This may sound strange but I'm thinking of her. Its best, in my opinion at least, he discovers he is not ready before he gets married than to marry her and hurt her and leave her afterwards, possibly when children are involved.

I am truly sad for your particular case. It must be hard to deal with. I don't know the circumstances and its your own personal business but you seem like a very nice, objective person and its possible its something that was beyond your control and nothing you could have done to reverse his decision.

Very nice post Steve

I have had several long time relationships with Western Women. What I remember most is we've been arguing over former arguments a lot. Once you've done something wrong in the eyes of your partner it will never be forgotten. But I don't like to be constantly reminded of my mistakes. It all appears to me now like fighting over leadership and reputation.

Almost a decade ago I met my first Thaigirl. We studied together and she invited me to her family in Thailand as a friend. Though we slept together we didn't end up in a real relationship, because she planned to go back to Thailand a few months later on. There were lots of barriers between us, she wouldn't talk about feelings for instance. But over all it has been great not to argue any more. Thais just don't like someone arguing, when I had a problem she simply asked if I want to leave her. I said no and that was the end of the discussion.

Since then I had a few Thai GFs and I simply enjoy not getting headaches over stupid arguments and basically every one of my GFs let me do what I want to do.

It's hard to explain the difference, to many guys it might just be the looks of TGs, but to me it is the combination of looks, freedom (even in a relationship) and taking you for what you are and not trying to change you.

SiLeak (I think I know your brother, Warwick)

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. The February issue of the newsletter issued by the Community Services of Bangkok contains the following notice under Non-facilitated Support Groups:

Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA) (I think I know her, too!!)

This is a new 12-step group that has just started meeting weekly at CSB. Meeting times are Saturday evenings, 18.00-19.00 at CSB. Please call 02 392 3531 for more information.

Please, somebody, it would only be for an hour and it's right in Soi 33 .....

LG

A family member just asked me some days ago about where I'd be heading on my next holiday, Laos was my reply. To that I got the reaction "Asia again?!?", "why not South Africa...etc..?"...

Maybe I should just come clean and say I have no choice in the matter, how could I possibly spend 3 precious weeks in Africa when I could be in SE Asia.

But then again maybe there's a Thai community in SA?

Actually, there IS a Thai community in South Africa, as I know from a South African acquaintance, but I guess it would be like visiting Los Angeles for the Thai experience. Best to stick with Thailand, although I think you'll find the hunting in Laos pretty scanty.

Treating Western women the same as we treat Thai women won't get you jack shit in the U.S. Period. I've been in long-term relationships with Western women, also, and I for one will have nothing else to do with them, relationshipwise. Thai women bring out the best in me, screeching FemiNazi Western women make me duck for cover.

• 5 years later...

Archived