Thailand Anonymous

SiLeakHunt

Not that I have ever been involved in any 12 step programs or anything, (at least non I remember), I see a few problems here, mainly step 9. Step 9 is where you go and make ammends to everyone who was hurt by your addiction and the problems it caused. So obviously we would have to go back to LOS and make amends to all the BGs we didn't barfine and who were hurt by it. The only way we could possibly make it up to them would be to bar fine them, and go to our hotel with them, for what would be a the horror of a relapse. Then we would have to come home, start the program all over again, and then here comes step 9 again, back to LOS etc...that aside, "hello, my nanme is old Hippie and I am a Thai-aholic...I saw my first Thai girl in Junior high, and it was all down hill from there...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
laugh.gif" border="0 For me its Asia in General . Each day I think about my next trip. I am looking forward to getting sick of it , but it has not happened yet. I usually get stuck in Thailand somewhere and lose track of the days, just having a great time everyday. I come home and Tham Garn Mak Mak and in another three months back for two more weeks. My friend told me it sound pretty shallow drinking beer, women, and just having fun. I told him he was right but of the shallow things it is one of the better ones. Sometimes I find myself thinking about some gal and wishing she or I lived closer by as I miss seeing her and being with her.So I guess as as hooked in as anyone else here. crazy.gif" border="0

Having spent most of my adult life living in what I can only describe as a truly awful parasitic relationship I decided (with the help of some dear friends, now known affectionately as Thai Buddies (TB's)) to broaden my horizons and head East with the intention of having more than the life sucked out of me by a female.

Initially, the alien environment was to say a little strange if not intimidatory. However, I now covert the lifestyle of ex-pats who have made a life for themselves there and day dreams of the chaotic and hedonistic euphoria of Bangkok and Pattaya now occupy most of my day. I even plan my yearly finance around the next time I and other TB's return to the place we love so much. I do not consider myself to be addicted, therefore I do not consider myself to be a Thaiaholic, merely a TB.

I really feel sorry for you guys. I've only been to Thailand (Phuket) once and will be going back next month (BKK & Chaing Mai), but I don't understand how you guys can have such problems. Yes, I spend at least one hour per day on Thai-related web sites, have Thai maps and guide books spread all over my living room, eat at a local Thai restaurant weekly, have Thai language tapes in my cassette player, and constantly daydream about Thai golf courses and the young lovely I met at the Shark disco, but I can't imagine how you guys can be addicted...

Archived