Soi 10 Beer Bars are no more

farangman

So were the bar owners squatting on someone else's land? Had they really not received any eviction notices? Perhaps we'll never know -- but let's not automatically assume that the bar owners were wronged.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is this?

Was the bars on the corner of that main road on the left hand side if you're facing emporium with world trade behind you? Or was it those bars down near Timesquare that you have to pass as you come off Asoke station walking towards Timesquare on the right hand side?

I often find it annoying getting hassled on the street by the girls in that bar as I'm walking past.

So where were these bars that are no more?

Says gregchambers:

Might be that the general is up for promotion and didn't want to be seen as the owner of a bar area. Anyway, 100's, maybe even thousands, of farang lives saved, as the last time any of those gals had a medical check-up was in the way distant past. The gals will have to go back from whence they came - mostly local brothels and massage parlours.

It was always amusing to hear the last interior minister rant away and at the same time see all the beer bars open up in places like Soi 10 and 22.

Hopefully, all those horrid, infectious, hookers will be cleared off the lower end of Sukhumvit next, not to mention the mad packs of katoeys.

why is it that bar beer girls & freelancers are always picked on as opposed to gogo girls regarding VD's?

well if you feel superiour courting gogo's only then I'm happy for you or is non pro's the only acceptable fucks to you? :dunno:

please elaborate as I'm genuinely puzzled :o

Says SoiledCowboy:

Looking at the piccies on Stickman's web-site - I CANNOT believe the devestation that has been committed...WTF was up that deserved that?
:(
( a b/g action of over-playing the scenario? - overacting poorly with dire consequences?)

I posted quite a long post on the Nanapong board. I remember 6 months ago there was a meeting held and everyone was told that they were to be evicted shortly and they had until the end of the month to exit. Lots of people heeded the warning (including my favorite barbershop) but the place kept going. In the months hence many many many bars sprung up to replace the businesses that had left.

So today I go to get a haircut and the owner (who had moved to another location) starts excitedly babbling to me about soi 10 and her being very lucky.

At first I thought it was a bomb ala Bali but then after talking to some of the people standing around I heard what had happened. Such a waste. Of course my girl's first thought was that if they didn't remove the big shrine on the East side of the place that all involved are doomed... =)

Archived