Soi 10 Beer Bars are no more

farangman

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We might never know the true story behind this mess. I'm just guessing, but I believe that this whole thing went down so quickly because of the endless struggle over CEP. I imagine that the landlord saw what has been an ongoing problem across the street for years and decided not to fall into the same trap. The owners may be trying to sell that land, or may even have serious offers now. Seeing the land fill up with beer bars just as CEP is finally closed out probably made the owner feel as though he was going to be saddled with the same problem.

It's still a terrible way to handle the situation and if it goes unchallenged and unpunnished then Thailand will once again suffer a major loss of face and faith with the international business community. I hope the "rule of law" will prevail for the good of Thailand. I also hope the shop owners are compensated, but I doubt that will ever happen.

So, anyone want to buy a beer bar?

Says hypnos:

It's still a terrible way to handle the situation and if it goes unchallenged and unpunnished then Thailand will once again suffer a major loss of face and faith with the international business community. I hope the "rule of law" will prevail for the good of Thailand

Why would Thailand suffer a "major" loss of face and faith with the intl business community? Looks to me like a local incident with no intl consequences(until futher info is provided). I can see if we were talking about Citicorp or IBM where this would be a consideration.

I think businesses that operate in that gray area(namely nightlife types) should be concerned by this event.

uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh, :: :: ::

are talking about the place 1oo meters from soi cowcoy, ik do not know if you are talking about the same place i think you talk about but this group of bars was next of the lolita-bars at the parking behind soi cowboy.

:: mij 2 favourite bars, tiger-bar and sawadee-bar are no longer in bk ???????? :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

i hope i understand your message wrong, al my first experince-BG works in that place !!!!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Try the Refresh button on your keyboard when you are on the site, or F5, or reboot your computer, all 3 ways will bring you to the current article, which was early for a change :neener:

next too asoke skytrain station is that asoke-place ???

the mamasan from sawadee-bar told me that before the metro-station will be open that her place will be tearn down.

can they just do these kind of things ?????

:neener: :neener: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :neener: :neener:

oepsssssssssss this is thailand too :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:... :banghead:... :banghead:... :banghead:... :banghead:

What about the business along soi 10, on the edge of where

the bars were? On Soi 10, at Suk., the first business was an internet shop (not the one on the OTHER side of the area),

and next to that was a KP Laundry. A little ways down was

Malaysia Antie (restaurant), and further down the soi was

a thai restaurant (outdoor). In between those businesses were a few bars on soi10.

Archived