RPG Stores in Bangkok?

CDN

Says gummigut:

Probably a part of it is the prohibition against dice.

That ought to make board games a bit difficult. You'd need to keep asking a buddy who isn't playing, "Hey... think of a number between 1 and 8"

A friend is heading back to the US and we told him to bring back Axis and Allies. Didn't realize that we'd be asking him to smuggle in contraband!

As for RPGs, it has been years. Does anyone remember the name of the TSR game that was focused on large space battles with all sorts of different types of ships?

Does anyone remember the name of the TSR game that was focused on large space battles with all sorts of different types of ships?

You may be thinking of Masters of Orion. But it would probably be classed more as a stategy game. The new version has be released. Excellent gameplay. :grinyes:

Says LaoHuLi:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Does anyone remember the name of the TSR game that was focused on large space battles with all sorts of different types of ships?

You may be thinking of Masters of Orion. But it would probably be classed more as a stategy game. The new version has be released. Excellent gameplay. :grinyes:

Hmm... I'm not entirely sure that's it. I think Masters of Orion was a computer game, no? The game I'm thinking of was played with a large space grid, many chips representing space combat ships, a large amount of dice, and a large rulebook. Kinda like Star Frontiers but concentrating on just the space battles.

Games usually took around 6 hours or so, until we decided to play Nintendo Tennis, or my friend's dog ran in and ate several battle-cruisers, or too many people fell asleep. It's like with D&D- I can't remember ever actually finishing a game.

Axis and Allies is a lot better- the games can last quite a long time (sometimes until morning, especially if one has classes the next day) and it's interesting enough to keep one's attention.

Cheers!

The starship game might be Starship (Starfleet???) Battles - Been so long, and I don't think it was made by TSR - I'm thinking Avalon Hill (???)

TSR made a science fiction game called Gamma World, but it did not have ship battles.

KS - Axis and Allies is fun, but the games can take a LONG LONG time. After you play it a few times, the strategy is the same. Japan does Pearl Harbor, Germany goes east, Soviets buy men, etc etc.

Archived