Ever been unemployed for more than a month ?

gobbledonk

Hi,

I am sorry to hear your feelings. However, I know how you feel about a purpose. I was told to stay home once (with pay) because my then-client could no longer afford me. My company was paying but after 2 weeks I found another employment. Hell broke loose when I resigned and the day that I gave my commitment to the new company, the old one found a position for me. A lot heart burns for a few people there, I went to work for the new company for 14 months and now I am back to the old one. They paid me for sitting at home for 6 weeks, and would have paid longer if I stayed, could not find any better company!!!

Well, just hang on, things take time nowadays, will be ok, just wait and see!

Cheers! :hug:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bibblies,

I haven't worked in more than a year (also IT), am knee-deep in debt and it doesn't bother me

Bibblies, I'm sad to hear that, but I'm not prepared to let that happen. I've been in debt before, and I'll shovel shit before I'll go back to that position. Besides, I just get bored without the structure that work provides. As Jasmine points out in her post, money is one thing, but having a purpose each day is another.

Anyway, I'll soldier on. Good luck in your own situation.

Jasmine,

As you seem like a very cool customer under pressure, I'll pose this question to you :

Have you ever had to attend an interview at 4 hours notice ? .

After two months of submitting applications, I think the possibility that someone would actually want to interview me had become so remote that I didnt feel the need to be prepared for things like technical interviews. DOWP !

Ah well, at least I got the interview - soldier on !

I've been in debt before, and I'll shovel shit before I'll go back to that position. Besides, I just get bored without the structure that work provides.

Boy have I got a DEAL for you ! I even provide the shovel.

:neener: :neener:

If he got 4K he would be really doing well. probably half of that.

My GF works in construction when she is not dancing in a world famous gogo in NEP. She is semi skilled tradeperson, (tile finisher) and gets 3K a month. It is in Korat, she gets to look after baby and mom, but without support from D>O>M>

there is no way she or her family has a future. And she gets to work 10hrs a day 6 days a week. So much for the gov't min wage law. :onfire:

For you, being untrained, uncalloused and no communication skills, I can offer 1500 per month, but will throw in free rice everyday, and place to sleep on the rice farm. :neener:

Hi,

"what could a Thai man expect to get doing hard labour day in and day out in the hot tropical sun ? 4000 baht/month ? "

Depends a bit on the location. I believe the minimum wage in BKK is 187 Baht a day (but of course plenty of people don't give a shit).

My brothers-in-law work construction, 8 hrs a day - 7 days a week, and they make 195 Baht a day.

Upcountry I have heard of salaries as low as 80 Baht a day.

Sanuk!

LaoHuLi,

Wow - paying your workforce like that, I can begin to understand how you can afford to spsonsor GoGo dancers :)

I know its all relative, but the rates that the Thais get for a lot of jobs make the Oz welfare system look bloody generous ...

A guy I used to work with is convinced that the people he managed in an LA bookstore in the 80's could not have supported themselves unless they stole, given the wages he was forced to pay them to be competitive. Minimum wage - great stuff.

Archived