Ever been unemployed for more than a month ?

gobbledonk

Just had my 3rd interview in 10 weeks (!), and I thought it went quite well. If anything, I may have dominated the interview, but I was surprised by how enthusiastic I sounded when the location and the relative lack of stability (12 months is the best they can do) dont thrill me. Will find out next week if I get a second 'practical' interview - regardless of the outcome, its a good feeling :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Artiew,

I don't think that dominating an interview is always crucial. It's not a problem for me but I may well err on the too dominant side;I suppose that a balance is best.

But I think that being enthusiastic is very important. It's a real persuader, in any negotiation (think about the last time you "interviewed" a BG).

Gaining interview experience is a must for all of us, as we all face more in the future. It's just the way things are going to be.

12 months is good. It's money and an opportunity, and one opportunity leads to another.

And you're right, it is a good feeling.

SC,

Agreed. They must still be smarting over the football 'friendly', alhtough I think one of their women golfers managed to beat our girls this weekend.

Its not just that - it seems that every Neighbours/Home and Away reject who can afford a plane ticket to London is wildly successful within 3 months of setting foot on the ground at Heathrow. Of cource, we welcome them back with open arms once they have enough money to pay their bartab - a luxury that many talented Aussie stage actors cant always afford. Ah, showbiz :)

Artiew,

Are you finding the situation is improving? All my attempts were through the network of former colleagues, no agencies at all.

This week one of former competitors sent me an invitation for free training on their gear.

The email contains courses schedule and prices. Holly shit! 1000US$ per day per head! They booked me for 10 working days and then I am certified to design and install their solutions.

Another 2 companies are waiting for their new positions to be approved by HQ, could happen any day.

I think things take off in March. 3-4 months of non-hiring come to be fed about now. Hope we get what we want.

I think things take off in March. 3-4 months of non-hiring come to be fed about now. Hope we get what we want.

I admire your optimism :)

I have a phone interview with a University approx 400km from here on Wednesday, and will be flown up there if that goes well. The other 'possibles' are just keeping me on the 'backburner', and I dont enjoy it. Am less stressed over it all than I was a month ago, funnily enough - quiet resignation.

Archived