Woodstock Food

After hearing so much about Woodstock and its hamburgers,decided to drop in one night with a friend and sample the cuisine

After walking in,looking up and seeing all the eating tables taken up by a bunch of guy's just drinking and talking we sat at the bar and orderded burgers( it wasn't till a few day's later that i realised that it had been a friday night and that was the nanaplaza crowd ::)Anyway the burgers were quite good so the following night returned with 3 friends and grabbed a table.

Now i've got to say the food and service was bad.I ordered a steak,medium with mashed potatoes.When it arrived(before the entree btw)the steak was so rare it was bleeding a river of blood into my yellowish,sloppy puddle of mashed potatoe that was quickly turning beetroot coloured.My friend orderded the Irish stew 185 bht which was nothing more than a potatoe soup with a few measly pieces of meat thrown in for good measure.The draught beers were all flat with no sign of a head on them,and the serving staff were useless.All in all we all gave the Woodstock food the thumbs down,although i did enjoy the music and atmosphere

Later on i found a great replacement for my farang food craving at the Nana Hotel.Great service great food white table cloths,open till late and nice to sit back and take in the visual delights

btw what gives at the Woodstock with the sign at the front saying "only customers to use the toilet,anyone else 20bht,if you don;t like it then fuck off." Not very good PR.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Anybody know why?"

I think that Peter has been growing tired of running it, especially in that location. This may very well have something to do with it.

Oh, as for the food, I quite like it, but then again I only eat either a burger or the enchiladas. Have not tried much of the other items on the menu.

Agree on the service, it can be very lousy. Woodstock has had a very high turnover of staff lately. One of the reasons given for it is that the girls see how much more money can be made next door. Not certain if this is the only reason though.

Sanuk!

Yup that sign is on I believe the front door as well as the washroom entrance. I interpet it to read you just have to be patron, not necessarily at that moment. Trying to keep the wankers out that just want to use the can.

But a tad overkill IMO. A sign saying washroom for customers only would probably do.

Sure not PC anywhere. TIT :neener:

I've wondered about the strength of the sign on the door but considering the folks passing through I can understand. Also, idiots can't read which is the womens bathroom and which is the mens. If I was a waitress I'd get pissed about schmucks pissing all over the seat.

As for the food, yah do got to know what to order. The Irish stew ain't filling at all. The steak... Though I know a guy who does go in there and orders one of the steaks and is seemingly happy enough, it didn't look to appealing to me.

In addition to staying away from the stew, stay away from the lasagna.

The mexican food is usually very edible. The tacos though are hard shell and the taco shell ain't really what I'm used to, but having said that, I eat that every once in awhile. Burritos and enchilada as well.

Chicken Parmagianna is filling, and edible, but nothing to write home about.

They have good fries.

I like the burgers (though people either like them or hate them with a passion).

The Thai food can be pretty good (though pricy for Thai food- maybe not considering the venue).

<<burp>>

Says khunsanuk:

Agree on the service, it can be very lousy. Woodstock has had a very high turnover of staff lately. One of the reasons given for it is that the girls see how much more money can be made next door. Not certain if this is the only reason though.

My girlfriend swears by the pork chop (and the one at Woodstock's pretty good too, arf). The steak sandwich and blackened hamburger aren't bad either.

The sweet Waan's not there anymore, is she? :(:( Where has she gone?

Archived