Woodstock Food

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a Cheeseburger at Woodstock just a few hours ago. My first and my last! Left it half eaten. Horrible! Service was bad. The owners appear to be just going through the motions in terms of insuring good management.

I've been living in Bangkok for about a month and the only other hamburger I've had was at Bourbon Street. I could at least finish that one but I'd never order one there again.

As an American to me the problem is the poor quality of the beef (if that's what it is) used. The beef at Bourbon Street was the better of the two but had spices added to "enhance" the flavor of the burger. Good beef doesn't need flavor enhancing. Woodstock's beef had a rubbery texture and also seemed to have had spices added.

Given these two examples no wonder MacDonald's appears to be doing well here.

-redwood

redwood13:

It's all a matter of taste. My earliest part of my life I had hamburgers (at home - I grew up in the US) that taste like the one's I get here. Though the ones I had contained bread crumbs to better hold the spices and meat together. It was a change to get the "American" style at a restaurant.

Was interesting when I had my first hamburger over in Asia which brought back memories of when I was 5.

As for the quality of the beef... It's not the top choices you would get in the US, but then again, most people in the US consider lean ground beef the best. Never liked that stuff to begin with, no fat, no taste. The quality here isn't all that poor either (unless it's old - can't fix that).

As for Bourbon Street... What do you expect? You go to a Cajun restaurant in the US you will get the same Cajun spiced up burger. Ummmm, that's Cajun for yah. You don't go to a Cajun restaurant looking for French food, Chinese food, or a Smith and Wollensky hamburger. If you're going to criticize Bourbon Street, at least do it legitimately. Don't criticize them for serving you a damn good cajun burger.

Bourbon Street is well worth a visit. Wish I had more money, I'd eat there more often!!! :)

<<burp>>

Says Jimmie Blonde:

Why wouldn't you rather use a dunny in a go-go bar, its a great place to meet the girls, and at Angle Witch, you get to watch the stunners in the show run in and lather up!

Exactly,i can't see why they would have a problem with people coming in all the time just to use their dunny.

Archived