Thai food in you home country (outside LOS)

Brink15

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another persson from the Tampa bay area, interesting... I am from Clearwater and would agree that most of our Thai restaurants are definetely oriented toward local cuisine rather than being authentic Thai food. There is one restaurant however, Pattaya Thai in Clearwater that does have great thai food, closest I have had to actual Thai Cuisine.

Wow too scary. I'm about 20 minutes from you. Looks like we have a few TB folks on the board.

Where is Pattaya Thai? Chiang Mai is near Ft. Harrison and Cleveland near Steinmart. Also Thai Coconut is on the Clearwater/Largo line. Then there is Sukhothai where I've never eaten. That's near Countryside Mall.

On an unrelated note, I just received my NFL films Superbowl DVD. All I can say is sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

SS,

my wife and i enjoy Keo's Thai Cuisine in Honolulu. We enjoyed the one on Kapahulu Ave. in Kaimuki. Now when we visit Honolulu, we go to the one on King Street. It's something we always look forward to (since we are from the outer islands), been doing it for over 15 years. I use to eat Keo's cooking when i was going to UH when he ran the East West Center cafe over 20 years ago. Maybe i'm hooked on the flavor of his cooking, but i always enjoyed. Lived in NYC, couldn't find a decent thai restaurant in that whole town. Anyway, still can't beat eating thai food in LOS. That stuff just 'floors' me, it's just as good as the 'punani' if not better, at least 'da kine' don't talk back to you.......chok dee

Sorry, 69. :( I have to say that my Thai wife and I found Keo's extremely bland and flavorless, so much so that admittedly we never went back a second time, but our Thai friends there also did not like it.

P.S.: We're both UH graduates ourselves (and the wife was an East West Center scholar).

The only thing that pisses me off about the Superbowl DVD is that they butchered the game itself. I wish they could have included the entire game including pauses. The plays they cut may have been insignificant to them but it makes that part of the DVD less enjoyable.

BTW, my wife and I are buying a Thai restaurant in East Lake. :grinyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived