fiancee visa question

i am in the process of filling out the forms for a fiancee visa to the US...myTGF currently works as a manager/accountant of a small bar on patpong. before, she worked as a cashier at a place on sukumvit. she has finished 3 years of college, but dropped out. she has never been a prostitute. my question is this - is it better to just NOT write down that she works at a place on patpong (because they may think she is a sex worker), or to just tell the truth, and deal with the questioning by the interviewer??? my TGF says she wants to write that she is a street vendor, that way they can't really check on anything....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understand her concern but tell your girlfriend she can say anything she wants to your mother but to tell the truth on any forms she has to sign and in interviews with government. It is all confidential and a lie here could become very serious. She is not the first lady from Patpong to apply for a finance visa and won't be the last. Should be no big deal if all is done honestly.

Tell the truth. Fill out the form using the correct information. If an explanation is needed to explain the job, attach the statement. If she's never been a bargirl, she shouldn't have a problem. She might be asked at the K-1 interview to describe her job in detail. Consular officers in Bangkok are very understanding when they conduct the K-1 fiance interview. They are primarily lookng to see that all the paperwork has been correctly filled out, not look for skeletons in her closet. I've only heard of two rejections that have come out of the K-1 interview, and those involved complete supidity on the girl's part. Tell the truth and she won't have a problem. Lie, and that could come back to haunt you later.

thanks for the input...i really appreciate it. i haven't signed in for awhile. since my first trip to LOS 2 years ago, i have spent so much time there it's pathetic. Now i read the posts and questions, and feel like the "knowledgeable" one.

wisdom comes from experience and experience comes from making stupid mistakes...or something like that.

All-

Having just done this process, including filing the I-129F & G-325A forms, the packet 3 and the so-called interview, I can say that it is far better to tell the truth.. Our interview lasted :17 (I timed it exactly)... The interviewer was a US national who spoke very very good thai.. The very first statement was "please look over all these forms. Do you remember them? If so, please raise your right hand..." Then the questioning went my way.. where did you meet? when? what does your fiancee do for a living? and where? where is her hometown? have you been there? Does she have any brothers and/or sisters? Almost 95% of the questions came DIRECTLY from either the I-129F or the G-325A forms.. Then it was her turn. The interviewer asked her if she would like to speak in thai or english. She chose thai. Apparently (from my minimal ability to translate) she was asked to repeat darn near everything from the G-325A.. The only thing different was she was asked directly about working in any "bar" or "karaoke bar". Of course her answer was no. We waited for :30 then were told to return the next morning to p/u the visa. Bam! done.

So... my recommendation... tell the truth.. If she really has no "issues" or reasons for "inadmissability" then you'd only be hurting your case if you intentionally lied.. Plus, get caught and the fact that your petition will be denied will be the absolute least of your concerns. You'd now have to sweat facing federal charges for fraud or similar. Not worth it.

On the day we went. I saw 31 people go and get interviewed... as I could tell it not ONE person was flat out denied... Note the we were not in the NON-immigrant area, but rather in the Immigrant area.

Good luck and be patient!!!

--UPSer

the proud partner of a palaya thai.

UPSer,

I have a few ? for you about the process if you don't mind.

The first is about the police report. If your GF is living in BKK, no problem. But if living somewhere else, they ask them to mail their passport and ID card to BKK. Now I just can't envision any Thai being happy about doing that! What did she do?

Once again, if in BKK, no big deal. But if outside BKK, the specific requirements for the photos they want could be difficult to get. Did GF get them in BKK?

You could PM if you like.

Thanks

"

Never, never, never lie to US INS..

tell them exactly the truth, no more, no less"

WA,

Have to disagree with you on this one. If the TG was working as a prostitute, she simply must lie. She will not receive her fiancee visa. She has absolutely nothing to lose by lieing. The Embassy workers are prohibited by law to issue a visa to a former prostitute (I believe it's something like within the last 10 years). Jay

Archived