fiancee visa question

Rovineye,

Says rovineye:

UPSer,

... if outside BKK, the specific requirements for the photos they want could be difficult to get. Did GF get them in BKK?

The consular section itself recommends having the photos taken at a photoshop that is very nearby the embassy, because they are admittedly very picky about the photos and the shop they recommend knows what they want. They will send her there on the day of the interview with no loss of time. This is what they did with my wife when they didn't like the photos she brought with her.

Regards, JEff

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mspoon,

I would follow the line of telling the truth.As long as she is working on the right side of the bar she shoudnt have a problem.I have known 2 people who have recieved tourist visas while working behind the bar and they have told the embassy just that,no lies.

good luck,

sky brow. ::

Says jeffreyh:

Rovineye,

Says rovineye:

UPSer,

... if outside BKK, the specific requirements for the photos they want could be difficult to get. Did GF get them in BKK?

The consular section itself recommends having the photos taken at a photoshop that is very nearby the embassy, because they are admittedly very picky about the photos and the shop they recommend knows what they want. They will send her there on the day of the interview with no loss of time. This is what they did with my wife when they didn't like the photos she brought with her.

Regards, JEff

That is true, BUT, doesn't help for the photos needed to file the I-129F here.

When we go for tourist VISA in April I will get a bunch of the photos taken in BKK. That way we have them if we ever do file K-1. They supposedly are only good for 6 months, but she looks exactly like she did 10 years ago, and will likely not change much for the next few years also.

Says Rovineye:

That is true, BUT, doesn't help for the photos needed to file the I-129F here.

When we go for tourist VISA in April I will get a bunch of the photos taken in BKK. That way we have them if we ever do file K-1. They supposedly are only good for 6 months, but she looks exactly like she did 10 years ago, and will likely not change much for the next few years also.

I had gotten the impression that you were further along and were looking for pictures for the visa application.

The INS is not particularly picky about the pictures you submit with your petition, so get the pictures taken anyplace and as long as they're close in size and angle you'll be OK.

Regards, JEff

Says jeffreyh:

Says Rovineye:

I had gotten the impression that you were further along and were looking for pictures for the visa application.

Thanks, I remember hearing that they don't need to be the same quality as required for the VISA.

Actually, I am not going thru the process at all. Keeping up on the requirements just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

All-- The Embassy does in fact recommend a small photo shop right across the street, in the Sindhorn Building (in fact the INS maintains their office in this building as well).. The photo shop is in the back of the building next door to the office supply store.. They have all the templates to insure that your pictures qualify..

As a side note.. SOME (not all) photo places uses machines that print, in very faint red ink, the printing date of the photo.. While I agree with prior posters that (arguably) the date is NOT of paramount importance, I'd get fresh photos just to be sure.. It's one less thing to get hung up on at the Embassy..

When she and I did it, we each got 20 photos.. Yes 20... Why? You'll need 3 for the medical certificate, another 3 for the Police Certificate.. you can really eat up 20 pictures fast! Plus you want to have a few extras in case one or more gets bent, torn or otherwise damaged.

--UPSer

rovineye--

I happend by the Royal Thai Police office the other day and I stopped in to ask your question.. They gave me two options.

The first is having a friend or agent bring the forms in.

The second option is for your TGF to write the office and ask for the forms to be mailed to her.. Upon receipt of the forms she will need to take them to her local police office and have them filled in (she needs to have her fingerprints taken at the police office)... Once filled in she can mail them back to the Royal Thai Poice office in BKK and they will in turn mail back your results within 3-4 weeks... If you submit in person in BKK it's 2 weeks processing time if you do it via mail it's 4 weeks.

Either way, there is (currently) no fees for the forms or the resulting report.. I suspect as a few major countries now ask for this report that there will soon be a charge.. The Sgt in charge that day told me that the office now gets at least 35 to 50 requests EACH DAY.. This is up from 5 to 10 per day...

Let me know if you need the office address.. It's very specific.

--UPSer

Regarding the photos for the Medical packet, DS-156 (generic visa application), and for the Police Certificate, do the photos have to be "INS style" ie., 3/4 side with the right ear showing or are they traditional passport pose photos?

Can you police supply me with the address they the TG should write to for the Police Certificate? Thanks, Jay

JAYBLOOM--

The photos should be in INS style... Some people submitted regular full frontal photos (passport style) for their medical and police certificate, however, they **should** be in INS format... I really doubt that the US Embassy will give you a hard time about this issue.. We simply bought a full sheet of 20 photos so we have a lot of copies to "burn"...

As for the address of the Royal Thai Poice office for getting the background... They are at:

Royal Thai Police

Section 3, Sub-Division 2, General Staff Division

Special Branch

Rama I Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Tel is (02) 205-2605

Note: The telephone is actually an older model thermal fax machine so if they don't answer quick you'll likely get a fax tone as this is also their fax machine...

I can give you walking directions if you need, the office is a bit hard to find and the "guard" is somewhat ignorant of which offices handle what things..

--UPSer

Archived