Bar Girls-Good/Bad? Email Response - Edited

>Says MMan:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some as you note work at Robinsons, others at Nana Plaza. If you knew them, you might find that there was not a lot of difference, particularly if you get the girl out of Nana and into her own, Thai, space.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at this: my gf used to work ar Robinson. Had I picked her from there, I would have always called her a GTG. Would have never thought she could possibly do what bgs do.

Would even give advice to others to go Robinson and pick up gtgs.

But, before me, she had quit there and joined NEP, that's where I met her.

Bad timing (for me to jump in) and everything changed! She was a "gtg" while it lasted.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I certainly agree with Harlequin that you have to give it a long time (2+ years?) and you SHOULD NOT jump into and give it the 2 years with the first girl that does 'things' for you, wild things. Play around, get to know them, and if you want to move forward then do so. But don't get tied too quickly. Maybe the first one is THE one, but you won't know unless you have some comparison info.

As I disagree, it's irrelevant to whom I am responding.

What do you mean by "give 2 years"? A BG on the prawl to find a man and fix her problems would wait while you are experimenting with her and make up your mind after 2 years?

Absolute crap!

Without 100% commitment to her, she won't wait for 1 hour. You wont be boarding your plane at Don Muang, she'll be already on the stage or in a ST hotel.

Yes emails and lies but that's all. Even with all your commitment other things come into the play that make it near impossible.

But "take your time, go slowly..." - that does not exist in their mindset.

Sorry if both of you meant "get her out of the bar now, support her for 2 years and then make your decission."

But I could not read it that way.

Think too mut

Maybe my perspective is different and I had not considered that. I live here (well, at least SE Asia). Guys who come for 1-2 weeks several times a year are at a distinct disadvantage. My advice was not really meant for them, cause I cannot relate to that situation.

I don't know how I'd handle it if I did not live here, but certainly what you say about fidelity, even if you supported her, is probably accurate. At least with some (most?) you would guess they'd screw around on you, but what is the %? 1983: 25-50%; 2003: 75-90%, unless you get lucky or selected carefully. These are guesses, BTW, with absolutely no data other than some scant anecdotal support.

If you live in Asia (Bangkok, in this case) its a completely different story, and they know it. You are a real potential catch, not a summer/vacation lover, and there is a difference. Big time.

As I've been out of the mainstream for some time, this is pure, absolute speculation. But If they're in it for $, they probably won't go after you knowing you are a resident and a regular drinker at this/that bar. Its hard to fool someone long term (2 years), unless you really are a sucker and thinking with the little head. (BTW, 2 years allows the little head to give off some steam and you begin thinking, in theory, with the big head.)

If they're (one or more of the girls you know) really a good girl, after knowing them for a couple of years should give you a good idea about them and your compatability. It gives you a chance to spend some time with her, visit her village, see her family/friends, what she likes to do when she's on her own, what she does with her friends, and all the other stuff couples all over the world go thru. Hey, you're Jethro and you can go a' courtin.

Do you let them continue in the bar? Hey, that's too tough for me. Get them to be a cashier or something, if that's possible and if you're serious. But I don't know here - I'm on thin ice and I'm winging it.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. Shakespeare.

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. Shakespeare

(these quote pages are great)

Says naiv:

MMan, you wrote that you could consider to marry a BG. Wouldn't you worry that because of a lack of education, you wouldn't be able to discuss with her about many things. (Science, politics, economics, ...)

Correct, because of MY lack of education. I'd have trouble having an interesting conversation about these topics.

As far as marrying a BG/XBG? Why not? If you are both in love. We all have a past, we have all shagged a lot of women. What's the difference? (Apart from numbers).

[color:"red"] "When a woman I love smiles at me, it is from the heart."

Now that's a pretty naive statement. If you would have said 'When a woman who loves me smiles at me, it is from the heart." I likely would have agreed, but this way? [/color]

KS,

Pardon me, that indeed is what I had meant to say in my post: "When a woman who loves me smiles at me, it is from the heart."

Harlequin

[color:"red"] Now would you mind explaining why you consider this immoral, and similar to killing someone or dealing drugs? [/color]

KS,

MM brought up the issue of bargirls trying to drag prospective customers into bars as they walk by. There have been complaints about this in the past on Nanaplaza.com. MM was defending this behaviour by explaining that they are doing their job.

I do not consider this behaviour as immoral as drug dealing or murder; my objective was to illustrate that 'doings ones job' is not an excuse for immoral behaviour. I used more extreme examples to make this clear.

Even though it is a small matter in most situations, I believe that what some of these more aggressive Hello Girls do is wrong. It a mild form of coercion; if the man does not want to go into the bar, he sometimes needs to apply mild force to break her hold. I have had to do this a few times and feel uncomfortable with it because: a) as a man, I naturally dislike to apply force on a woman, B) I worry about possible retaliation if I apply what her friends nearby believe to be too much force.

I feel it is immoral for the Hello Girl to place me in this situation.

BTW, where I am from, it is also illegal.

Harlequin

[color:"red"] I mean endurance for all the girls - NOT just the bar girls or MP girls, but the girls in general.

[/color]

MM,

I understand that many woman in developing countries live very hard lives and require a great deal of endurance. I have met some of them and have a lot of respect for their strength. These women manage to get by in life without prostituting themselves. They have chosen a life that is perhaps more difficult than what a prostitute has to endure initially, but I feel in the long run they are more successful.

[color:"red"] People are free to choose that for which they care. [/color]

Agreed. I freely choose not to have as much sympathy for prostitutes. You choose otherwise. I don't have a problem with this.

[color:"red"] She doesn't have to love me, or even know me. The beauty of the smile is all that matters. [/color]

I honestly don't have a problem if you feel this way. Perhaps it is a failing of mine, but I cannot get all that excited or appreciate the smile of a beautiful woman (or any other gesture of affection) when I know or suspect that it is feigned. In my mind, there is just no substitute for the real thing.

[color:"red"] Who says it is immoral to work in a bar - you? Are you God, who can judge all, and have the lock on morality for all? Judge not, lest ye be judged [/color]

You are trying to put a spin on my position. I am saying that I don't have much respect for prostitutes on account of how they make a living. I did not comment on morality; that is a more complex issue.

And no, I am not God, I cannot judge all, I have my own moral code which I try to live by but would not impose on others. I will, however, make judgements on others. We all have to; we interact with people in our lives and have to make decisions to, for example, trust or not trust them. These are judgements. For example, when the Patpong Tout tells you that there is an amazingly erotic show upstairs, you may judge him to be a liar and take a pass.

If we cannot judge, imagine all the criminals who would be walking around free because a judge and jury could not pass judgement on them.

[color:"red"] Would I advise a girl to get into the water trade? No. [/color]

OK, I would like to explore this issue further. I asked a series of questions to someone with whom I was debating a similiar issue in another thread. They failed to respond, so I will have a go at them with you:

Hypothetically, assuming that prostitution did not have its attendant risks (STD, beating by customers, legal risks, etc.):

1) Would you marry a prostitute (not someone who formerly worked as a prostitute, but one actively in the profession)?

2) Would you have any objection to your mother, sister or daughter working as a prostitute?

3) If you were having difficulty finding employment, would you object to your wife prostituting herself to earn money for the family?

4) In the above case, how would you feel about assisting your wife in finding customers?

5) Imagine your wife is a prostitute. The two of you are attending a social function. You both are in a group where everyone is discussing troubles with their jobs. You wife wants to add her 2 cents worth, so she starts taking about a customer of hers who had an erectile disfuction, and how she dealt with it 'orally'. Would you feel uneasy at all about this? She is, after all, just talking about her work, in much the same way a shop clerk would talk about dealing with a difficult customer at work.

6) Still at the social function above. You and your wife happen to run into a customer of hers. The customer is full of praise for your wife's superb body and describes same in detail to you. Would you feel uneasy at all about this? Again, bear in mind this is just her job - surely you would be proud that your wife is a star performer in her line of work?

MM, If you are not confortable expressing your own feelings on these questions, you can instead tell me how you think a typical man would respond to them.

Harlequin

P.S. On an unrelated matter, would you please provide English translations for the (I presume) Indonesian phrases in your posts?

Says harlequinbkk:

OK, I would like to explore this issue further. I asked a series of questions to someone with whom I was debating a similiar issue in another thread. They failed to respond, so I will have a go at them with you:

Hypothetically, assuming that prostitution did not have its attendant risks (STD, beating by customers, legal risks, etc.):

I'm realy bored right now so I will answer these questions.

1) Would you marry a prostitute (not someone who formerly worked as a prostitute, but one actively in the profession)?

I would not marry a woman who is a prostitute. I would marry a woman who leaves the prostitution business and marries me. Once she marries me she has no economic incentive to continue to prostitute.

2) Would you have any objection to your mother, sister or daughter working as a prostitute?

Would I object? Yes I would. There is no economic reason for a member of my family to go into the prostitution business. Now if they choose to prostitute themselves for their own personal reasons then I could not stop them from doing so.

3) If you were having difficulty finding employment, would you object to your wife prostituting herself to earn money for the family?

Would I object? Yes, I would. Now if it was the only way to avoid starvation then survival of the fittest is my motto. I doubt if it would get to that point unless I am a paraplegic. We also have welfare here in the States. I could always mug people, sell illegal drugs, become a hired killer. Much better and more profitable options than my wife selling her body.

4) In the above case, how would you feel about assisting your wife in finding customers?

Think that was made clear in the above answer.

5) Imagine your wife is a prostitute. The two of you are attending a social function. You both are in a group where everyone is discussing troubles with their jobs. You wife wants to add her 2 cents worth, so she starts taking about a customer of hers who had an erectile disfuction, and how she dealt with it 'orally'. Would you feel uneasy at all about this? She is, after all, just talking about her work, in much the same way a shop clerk would talk about dealing with a difficult customer at work.

Pretty nonsensical question on your part.

Now if we are in such economically dire straits I seriously doubt that we would be attending social functions.

I also doubt if I would be in a situation where the conversation turns to discussions about blowjobs. Some things are not appropriate to discuss in public. I have been to dinner parties with proctologists and they never describe sticking their fingers up someones ass to help them conduct a bowl movement. I have been to events with medical researchers but they don't talk about how they create mutations or infect their test subjects with diseases in the name of finding medical cures. I have yet to meet a stockbroker at a dinner party that tells how he gouged the hell out of his client till the poor bastard was penniless.

6) Still at the social function above. You and your wife happen to run into a customer of hers. The customer is full of praise for your wife's superb body and describes same in detail to you. Would you feel uneasy at all about this? Again, bear in mind this is just her job - surely you would be proud that your wife is a star performer in her line of work?

Was he a good customer that tipped well or a cheap prick? A cheap prick I would smack because I don't like cheap pricks. A good customer I would thank him for his praises.

Pride for her performance has nothing to do with it. Her job is her job.

(honestly your scenario is very improbable and doesn't prove or disprove anything)

Archived