Bar Girls-Good/Bad? Email Response - Edited

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naiv

Thanks for the advice, but this is simply a diversion. And anyway, Harlequin suggested I post my opinions on this matter to a public board. He thought I'd get spanked. (Don't know what he was thinking about when he said that in his email, but I presume/hope it wasn't me - hehehe. Guess I shouldn't take pot shots like that, but I just can't help it.)

I am always interested in this debate, as I'm squarely on the girls' side here. (Their side is prettier, as most know.)

And writing about it makes us think, and that is good in itself.

Sampai jumpa.

>I am always interested in this debate, as I'm squarely on the girls' side here. (Their side is prettier, as most know.)

Me too. But, here, I don't know what the question is.

You did not get "spunked" if that's what you wanted to test.

People who get spunked are those who think like you (and stop there) but totally lose common sense when they get into a relationship with a bg.

Just see what happened to the main character in the "It's over" thread. That's what I mean.

TokBet

Agree with you 100% - I find the Thai girls much harder than the Indonesian girls. I think that is a function of the economic opportunities available to the Thais vs Indonesians. 20 years ago I found the Thai girls much, much softer, more believeable, much higher percentage of good girls to bad girls in the bars, etc than I find today. But as their economy has progressed, and as perhaps HIV has scared many girls away from the water trade, one might obtain a different sort of girl, IN GENERAL.

At least thats my theory, which may fit the facts but not 100% sure as I really haven't researched it.

Salam.

Hi,

Harlequinbkk,

"When a woman I love smiles at me, it is from the heart."

Now that's a pretty naive statement. If you would have said 'When a woman who loves me smiles at me, it is from the heart." I likely would have agreed, but this way?

"If you have to commit an immoral act to 'do your job'"

Immoral? I guess that depends on one's perspective I'd say. I for one do not see the selling of sex as immoral. Won't even bother commenting on the dragging into a bar.

M Man,

Excellent response, and while I do not agree with all of your statements, I do think that we stand on the same side in this issue.

Good or bad is not linked to one's job, it is part of one's character.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"I was referring to the Hello Girls using force to get you into their bars."

Shit, you *were* talking about this.... (I'm just commenting as I read this thread).

Now would you mind explaining why you consider this immoral, and similar to killing someone or dealing drugs?

Sanuk!

KS, not replying to you...

.................................................................................

"I was referring to the Hello Girls using force to get you into their bars."

Shit, you *were* talking about this.... (I'm just commenting as I read this thread).

Now would you mind explaining why you consider this immoral, and similar to killing someone or dealing drugs?

.................................................................................

Well, if the original poster was talking about the Patpong touts I would have understood "use of force" in that conext.

But "Hello" girls...or I still have to encounter a "forceful" one..

Naiv

Marry a BG, MP girl or another in the water trade? An unequivocal yes.

Discussions of politics, economy, etc may be on, or it could be a learning experience for her, if she was interested, or the discussions could be about something completely different. I never considered this when I married - it was just .... there. Like, she wants kids, she's a great person, (and I'm a snake, I must admit, but I do think I've a good heart), pretty, sexy, fun to be with, etc, etc. FOR ME, I don't care if I can't discuss the law of supply and demand or what Toxin's next lame brain policy will be.

That may be different for you or others, but FOR SURE there is no right/wrong here. To each his own.

As for a bar girl, I guess I'd judge it based on her character to the extent I can learn about her, and what she does for me, what I do for her, and what we can be together. That's it.

I certainly agree with Harlequin that you have to give it a long time (2+ years?) and you SHOULD NOT jump into and give it the 2 years with the first girl that does 'things' for you, wild things. Play around, get to know them, and if you want to move forward then do so. But don't get tied too quickly. Maybe the first one is THE one, but you won't know unless you have some comparison info.

All this IMHO.

Says MMan:

Some as you note work at Robinsons, others at Nana Plaza. If you knew them, you might find that there was not a lot of difference, particularly if you get the girl out of Nana and into her own, Thai, space.

Hi MM,

This is a good point and close to my personal experience. My TGF used to be in NEP - and we have no marriage plans BTW, just enjoy each others company. Having said that, she has changed over the last nine months and, unfortunately for me but good for her, seems to have reverted to being an ordinary young Thai woman - almost in denial about working as a BG. She is much less tolerant of anything I do that is not "the Thai way" and sometimes I think she has compartmentalised me outside her normal, Thai life.

Overall I come down on your side in this, but I agree with BB that it is a silly argument that will never be resolved. :banghead:

Different strokes for different folks.

Khwai

Archived