Will she be bored ?

BelgianBoy

Hi,

I doubt that she will get bored. A woman with her education normally reads a bit. And conversation with other Thais, common, gentlemen, this lady can (BB's love), IMO, like me can go without for many moons.

I have NOT seen a Thai since last Feb., a couple phone calls, short, except with my brother, that is it, no big loss not to converse with other Thais. Ones need to understand that a conversation with other Thais will not do unless ones are lucky to find the Thais that can carry some certain interesting conversation ( I know I am snobby).

Grant it, I do not live in Thailand but BB's love does, it can make some difference, but I don't think it will be a problem. IMO of course.

Jasmine ::

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi BB,

I also think that being together with you outweighs any boredom, especially since you pointed out that you'll be together pretty much 24/7.

However, other suggestions made here for the girls to go out and explore may not hit reality. A lot of TG's will rather sit at home all day than wondering off alone and exploring new environments, especially when just arrived.

It seems that you have planned a few trips already, so I guess you'll do just fine.

Have fun and enjoy your time together.

Cheers,

Limbo

All,

Thanks for all the responses, and we are talking about 2 situations here :

One is my girl coming to Belgium next week, the other one is RedBarons' girl maybe visiting him down in Australia.

My GF is well educated, reads a lot of english books, thai magasines can be picked up in the local thai shops.

At home I have about 3000+ books, mostly in english, that will do

She will want to lean cooking, she bought already the necessary books, as I told her that cooking is a must in my test of life :)

Transport is a problem, nearest busstop is 2 km from here, nearest town is 20-25 km from here, and she does not speak the local lingo.

She might try her hand at gardening also, and I have also planned lots of excursions / visits.

Most friday my friends and I get together and some Thais will be there as well, that will be enough - she says.....

Also, she will speak 2-3 times a week per webcam to her parents, bros and sisters, more than adequate she says.

A course ? yep, she want to learn flemish / dutch and I bought her the books already :)

I'm lucky that I live in a very large house ( you've been here ) so it will not really be cramped at all, and yes, I hope to get some work done as well.........

Any more tips ?

Cheers !

>I received a PM from a fellow boarder from down under asking me what my GF will do all day when she will get here in a weeks' time......

BB,

Another one from Down Under.

Let's see another side of the coin: what do I do in BKK while she runs her daily routine?

I don't understand their language, would not watch TV even if I could tell what they talk about, can't look for work...

Usually, the initiative comes from me: filling first time slots when she has school (includes that I meet her Mon-Fri for lunch between shools), we have a look into what's left.

Then, I say what I want to see and where I want to go (together), that populates more time slots.

That makes her accept the game of planning, comes up with birthday or other parties we have to attend, who does she wants to see (and introduce me to) , movies to see, when we call friends to come in...

More time filling (for me) comes from fixing things in the house, home improvements, framing pictures, going Pantip for computer parts...

In 30-40 minutes we have a plan for one month and it's fun for both to compile it.

Your gf has never been to Europe, monumetal sites are within one day return trip, if you come up with some schedule for her it won't be hard to make her feel everything is under control and to her benefit.

It's very easy to skip items from the plan if the current takes it's drift in another way but it won't leave a taste of living hour by hour.

The thing works with my gf, should be even easier with yours.

Wish you both great time.

There is no reason why she cannot be productive. Why can't she develop interests, hobbies, improve her education?

A falang can really be a role model or find her another thai women who has achieved some success either on her own or with help.

No need to keep her dumb. pregnant and barefoot. With some motivation and inspiration, turn a liabilitity into an asset for you.. Building her confidence can do wonders for her state of mind.

see what happens....You just never know........

cardinalblue

Lads,

Great advice there, and info. I spoke to her today about it all. I get home from work around 4pm, so the dliemna is what's she to do. She suggested reading (she's a bookworm), little bit of TV etc, music, spending time with my mother (who lives next door), and other family etc.

Also she'll be here when my house is finished (we're planning for her to arrive about a month before it's done), so she can potter around there, try her hand at gardening (she loves flowers, which girl doesn't) and there'll be a lot of stuff to do there, as well as a few of my friends who don't work (wives of friends really). She doesn't seem to worried about it all, and is quite excited.

I live pretty close to the centre of town, so she can obviously to the tourist things as well. Seems I was worried about nothing.

What I'd do in a situation like that is make some recommendations on "new" hobbies to persue etc. I'm sure there will be something more interesting to do for her apart from watching TV.

Archived