Am I the only one who thinks that this is f*cked ?

gobbledonk

From a position description on the Net :

You will also have the following qualities:

Excellent level of English and communication skills, both written and verbal to enable you to liaise directly with our clients during the development cycle.

Great - very laudable, and I am sure that their clients appreciate this requirement. Then this at the end :

We respectfully request that if you already responded to an add from Acme for a C#/C++ position this year that you do not reapply as we hold your resume on file for 3 months and review them before listing an add.

OK - first time I can live with a typo creeping in, but by the second time it became apparent that these 'gifted' communicators were unable to successfully abbreviate the word 'advertisement'. Am I being petty ? Perhaps, but I loathe 'highbrow' position descriptions that were clearly written by someone who is unwilling to have their copy checked for grammatical errors. :cussing:

Anyway, I 'applied' for the position by giving them a piece of my tiny mind - that showed 'em. :banghead:

My ma didnt raise no fools :neener: :neener:

>Excellent level of English and communication skills, both written and verbal to enable you to liaise directly with our clients during the development cycle.

Artiew, it is not nice to say but the clause like the above is meant to discourage migrants who may posess great technical skills. And to give some coverage to the company if someone stands up to complain.

One person is hiring, another is doing the leg work. The later one - could be a migrant him/herself.

Hi!

I think you may have missunderstod the add. If it was written by someone already emplyed by the company and Excellent level of English is a requirement they probably sensed no need for spelling and gramatical check.

:grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. Add is the name of my GF so I must insist that the spelling is correct. :neener:

Hi,

The nicknames are given by the parents just after birth. It is believed that otherwise evil spirits might kill the baby (steal the baby's soul?).

The same reasoning is behind calling baby's ugly. Saying they are cute and stuff can make the evil spirits jealous.

The nicknames usually have a meaning, like Song (second, i.e. second child), Daeng (red, i.e. the baby was rather red when born), Mot (ant, i.e. tiny baby), Muu (pig, i.e. big baby), etc.

If you have access to the memberarea you might want to check out the articles section which contains an article on nicknames.

Sanuk!

I can understand where they are coming from though. A few years ago I worked in a recruitment setting.

Whenever we advertised for a role, say a good Java developer, we would receive 100's of applications from India, and Indian guys. Some based in India and some in the UK.

To be blunt the majority of companies didnt want to employ these guys so it was a waste of time talking to them.

All day long the phone would go, and some Gupta would be babbling on about the role.

Now however they have all gone back to Bangalore. I wish I could have put on the advertisements UK nationals only as they do in Thailand.

STH

...but calling a girl Muu sounds like cruel and unusual punishment

Artiew,

this is an insult to my girl, playing in the Nong Noi forum. :onfire: Her name is Moo. She's a beautiful girl :angel:, doing fairly well and has a nice name. :clown:

Archived