The Sukhumvit Hotel Crisis

buffalo_bill

Boardsmen,

to avoid premature boredom at my usual lodge by the river I do always stay 2 nights in a hotel at Sukhumvit Road, preferably the Landmark. Not interested in nightlife, just like to walk along the roads.

In preparation of my forthcoming visit to the Kingdom I was rejected by the Landmark as well as by a load of other places as exotic as Rembrandt Hotel or Imperial Queens park. What is this all about ? To my knowledge I have no bad records anywhere. Talking next weeek 6th til 8th .

Bbill , homeless

They give a reason?

Did you offer credit card guarantee?

Did you have a problem in the past IE cc declined etc.

Book through a travel agent should be ok then surely.

I am in the industry and have not come accross this problem ever.

Worst case ...direct deposit cash to the hotel accounts dept.

I don't understand this at all. :dunno:

strange indeed!

however i have heard from several sources, that occupancy of higher class hotels have recently increased and so have the prices; despite of a couple of newly opened first class hotels (conrad, westin, plaza athenee etc.)

strange indeed!

however i have heard from several sources, that occupancy of higher class hotels have recently increased and so have the prices; despite of a couple of newly opened first class hotels (conrad, westin, plaza athenee etc.)

Not many hotels anywhere near occupancy levels they would like at the moment

torneyboy,

I forgot to say that all declare : "Fully booked ". How is this possible ? American troops assembling to invade Burma ? Now hab lo season kaaa. I have even fallen as deep as using the booking agency advertising on Stick's site. Not Club Hombre , the other one.

Bbill

Bbill

Bound for Bangkok next week. Had no problems booking Bangkok Inn, but said no and got a room at the Premier Inn. As I only need a clean bed and clean bathroom I keep away from Landmarks, Imperial Queens etc. Perhaps you should try the cheaper places. Good luck, c u walking along the roads. :drunk:

Archived