Hollywood raided for Drugs 28th feb

vinod

Hollywood Disco was raided for drugs on Friday the 28th night. I was out with couple of friends and just past mid-night the anti drug squad swing into action. The music was stopped and around 500 cops stepped inside covering the entire disco. The whole party was screwed and dancing came to halt. We were under the impression that they are going to leave the place but the police were standing guard at both the exits while the infrastructure is being set up for the testing. Two mobile toilets were set up outside and a bunch of guys with tables to get the paper work and samples testing. Two separate lines were set up for women & men. It was horrifying experience standing the in the lines and it too more than 2 hours before we got out turn.

The guys was asking for ids or passport to fill the papers and since we were not carrying I was sure that we will land up in the Monkey house ? lucky there was Sergeant who could speak English and the guys settled for our Credit Cards as an id. We were given a sample bottle and directed to one of the mobile toilets and we made to pee in the front of an officer filling the bottle and then head back to the sampling testing tables. Man I felt pity for the lady who testing all the pee bottles ? I would not luv this kind of job ! She did on the spot test with some mixtures and she stamped on our left hand and then we free. Behind my mind all the time we were shit scared as how reliable these tests are.

It looks like Thailand is all out for making drug free country. It was military style operation as they raided all the discos in this area ? including Dance Fever & other thai disco. Given the scale of operation to man 3 discos for testing I think more than 2000 cops must have landed this place.

My recommendation to guys partying in the nights, if anyone is on drugs you could land into trouble soon or later at the way they are checking all these nightspots.

Cheers

vinod

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vinod,

I was there as well with my wife and 2 of her friends. The scary part for me was almost being crushed to death when the men lined up to get out. They were only letting out maybe 6 guys at a time, and every time they would let a few out, everyone behind them would make a mad push for the exit with the police holding them back. I had visions of the Chicago nightclub where 20 people were crushed to death.

I wasn't worried about passing the piss test, but was worried about the 30,000B I has in my wallet. The wife had withdrawn the money to take to her family and I was the one holding it. I also wasn't carrying my passport, but the accepted my US drivers license without question.

The worst part of the night was hearing from my wife during the taxi ride home that the door girl had warned her that "police come 12:30". Fuck me, that would have been nice to know! She didn't think anything of it, because she had been told the same thing the previous night at an Issan nightclub when she was oiut with her sister.

Anyway, no harm done, but I think I'll stick to the Farang venues from now on. I also heard that they closed Hollywood for 30 days because a certain number of people tested positive. No big surprise, as I saw plenty of worried Thai males while waiting in line to get out.

Ranger

>>>>>I also heard that they closed Hollywood for 30 days because a certain number of people tested positive<<<<.

Was there on Saturday March 1st, business as usual and very very crowded after midnight.

Cheers

Yes around 12.30 two of the girls in our group left for home as they had class in the morning She gave a call back telling to one of girls in the group telling that they were many cops outside but this girl did not care much and if she passed the info we would have left.

Yes I do agree the crowd in the lines was crazy with people pushing & pulling.

cheers

vinod

So everyone in the venue gets tested regardless if you are a tourist or not? That is insane! What if you are from Amsterdam where it is legal to smoke pot and your on vacation in LOS?

Does anyone know what drugs they are testing for?

This sounds like a horrible way to spend an evening of your vacation. To make matters worse, I always have trouble trying to pee on command.

Says tonecold:

What if you are from Amsterdam where it is legal to smoke pot and your on vacation in LOS?

Feel free to spend some additional days and bucks in los...

Archived