All Flights cancelled from USA to Asia Thailand ??

paulc31

I flew London to BKK soon after afghanistan kicked off, no probs, the flight took a boit longet though due to avoiding the area.

Same for me.

Amsterdam-Bkk takes about 11 hours, during the war it took 13. Luckily no cancelations.

I suspects no problems with the upcoming war as well, except for the extra hours up in the air. :rolleyes:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says BadaBing:

Says paulc31:

Sad , but true , all Americans travelling to Asia must now reserve travel either by train or bus. Arrive departure gates 7 days prior to departure time or your seat may be given to stand-by passenger.

So, many girls for the Non-Americans :neener:

Says Peter1964:

Says BadaBing:

Says paulc31:

Sad , but true , all Americans travelling to Asia must now reserve travel either by train or bus. Arrive departure gates 7 days prior to departure time or your seat may be given to stand-by passenger.

So, many girls for the Non-Americans
:neener:

ANg the few of us Yanks that make it over for a few yanks.

I have a two pronged approach. Hope the war starts after I get there and I get stuck in LOS! :grinyes:

And as someone advised me, I am bringing my own bomb on board. What are the odds of there being two bombs on one plane?? :doah:

For the first time ever I gotta agree with BadaBing also. Whatever the hell he said. Hope they don't close the Mex border next Friday! ::

And the worst of all possible scenarios, I get stranded in LOS (good) but ATM satelite network is disrupted AHHHHHHHHH :devil: :onfire: :cussing:

Hi OCgringo,

I just got off the phone with travel agent she told me not to cancel my flights ::

She told me that if flights are cancelled by the FAA they would rebook a later date for me ::

If I was to cancel I would lose the money of the ticket plus pay a cancelation fee :(

Over all good news I think ::

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

paulc31,

I have been following this thread since you started it, because I'm scheduled to leave for the LOS on March 31st.

I have talked to my airline (Northwest) and a good friend, who is a FAA 'flight controller', and BTW, will coming to Thailand a few days before me, for his first trip. They don't know of any flighs being cancelled. In you first post and the later one that you said "your father told you about cancelled flights". I have seached, but find nothing about this anywhere. I and I'm sure other would like to know the source of the information.

My only experience with cancelled flight, were for my first trip to Thailand. I had tickets in hand, and did all my reseach on this board, and thought I knew all there was to know about coming to Thailand. O'boy, was I wrong, but thats another story.

My trip was scheduled for September 13th, and along comes 9-11. The next day after the shock started to go away, I got on the phone to the airline, and they rescheduled me only one day later, that Friday. The airlines started to move stranded passengers and airplanes, so I was cancelled again. I got a flight for the following Tuesday after 9-11. I wasn't sure when I wanted to return back to the US, so they made my return flight the same number of days after I left, as my original plans. They told me, once I got to Thailand, I could review my plans and make a change. I did this 4 time, because after arriving, I didn't want to come home. I had no problem doing this, because alot of people didn't want to fly and there were many empty seats on all the flights. They waived all change fees, and I stayed 5 days longer than the first ticket allowed.

I think, like the others have said, just sit back and see what happens. I know if I cancell or make a change, I can lose my ticket or pay a large fee to change, after starting the trip. If the airline cancel, they will be responsible.

I hope we don't go to war, and hope to get to Thailand as scheduled.

Archived