Farangs with HIV

SiLeakHunt

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

Quite a few times, I'd say about 30 % of the time; I have slept with girls without a condom. These girls are girls I have been with for a few days or more, and usually girls I have taken as long term companions on Samui, where I delude myself that they are cleaner!

I don't know anyone with HIV.

STH

mmh, maybe should you do a HIV test everytime after your trip to LOS - that in case you are tested positive you do not spread the virus in Thailand and your home country.

You know that you are talking bullshit about the girls in Samui. :banghead: Sorry, mate I had to say this.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>mmh, maybe should you do a HIV test everytime after your trip to LOS - that in case you are tested positive you do not spread the virus in Thailand and your home country. <<<

not that i do share SOTH's ideas about AIDS or would advise anyone to behave the same way, but when he stated that he did not use condoms about 30 % of the time, i can only say that he behaves more responsible than the vast majority of people here in the nightlife i know.

just because he is the only one in the thread here who admits that does not mean that he is the only one who behaves that way. just go a bit beyond the obvious here, and think more about the reasons why people behave that way. it does not bring anyone here any further in the discussion to jump on someone who is honest enough to admit that he behaves the way most people do behave.

so you accuse him of being irresponsible, well, yeah, point made, he is irresponsible, and he has shown more than on one occasion that he has a faulty logic by arguing his way out. but those accusations do nothing else than repeating what has been said lots of times.

go a bit deeper, accept that irresponsibility as a fact, move on and think about why so many people you would think as sufficiently educated about AIDS do suddenly things here they would otherwise not.

if you do that, than you may start understanding something about the nightlife, where it comes from, and to where it leads.

the human mind has only a thin layer of logic, beyond that is a vastness of disordered instincts which somehow are brought to surface in the nightlife. how far do you allow yourself to sink into that instinct driven behavior? what is the meaning of selfcontrol?

by going the way of easy accusations you people block yourself from the much more essential questions you should ask, questions which are a lot more difficult and painful to find answers for, but give you much broader results in the understanding not only of the nightlife but humanity itself.

I do accept there is a risk on Samui, I do think its a lot less than Pattaya and Bangkok though, although I have gone bare back there as well, although thats usually been more down to accident than design.

I give blood once a year which in a way is a blood health check. I once tried to arrange an HIV test but only one day a week out of the 5 testing days was available for hetrosexual men. The other 4 were gay only testing days.

Also a quick test wasnt available for a month I think, giving blood is far less stressful, only start worrying if they recall you.

I am just being very candid, 99% of the people I know who go to LOS go bare back at LEAST once during the trip.

STH

I had a condom split on me when I was in BKK a few weeks back.. I was/am very concerned about this

The next day I went for a game of a pool in my usual pool bar and told the falang manager whom I had befriended from the previous days of being in his bar what had happened.. He told me not to worry about it.

When I asked him had he ever had a condom split he said 'he never uses the things'.. he guestimated that in his time in Thailand he has slept with about 500 girls !

He said that his mates who have been in Thailand for years never use condoms either!

That sounds pretty irresponsible to me!! But I reckon it's probably not all that uncommon..

I think a lot of people who partake in the LOS nightlife scene are fatalists. I don't know that many worriers amoungst the sanukers I know.

I think putting it simply, it is the " I could get run over by a bus tomorrow attitiude" that prevails. I am aware of the slight risk, but to be honest don't really care.

There is a long incubation period; if and when it kicks in hopefully there will be decent drugs about to kill the virus, or reduce it to a condition like hay fever.

I certainly don't take huge risks, but that is the rationalisation process I subscribe to.

STH

spirit & fly,

very good points made IMO & I agree that if we could get beyond the very basic & minor, but somehow dominating issues, like condom break scares etc. then perhaps some very interesting discussions can be had. however that's probably beyond the main scope of this forum, but I'll go as far to admit I also do not use rubbers some percentage of the time I screw TG's or even BG's.

on the relative risks mentioned by spirit say on samui compared to bkk I just don't buy it! my risk guesstimates are instead based on a per girl case based on her current & previous behaviour & experiences, which often can be hard to establish though...

peace

Hello IB13,

I too judge a girls risk by her "service history" so to speak. The bulk of the girls on Samui are younger and have been recently imported to the island in my experience.

Speaking to the girls there it is rare to find one that has been there for longer than 12 months.

Most of the newly imported girls are newcommers to the business as well, literally plucked from the village with a couple of friends and taken to the Island.

Most of the service girls are from the provinces, ie not Samui or Surit Thani. They are generally looked down upon by the relatively proesperous indiginous Samui people; certainly the vast bulk dont appear to have steady Thai boy friends.

Compare the aforementioned to the situation that prevails in Pattaya or Bangkok, a lot lot different and a lot safer in my opinion.

STH

>There is a long incubation period; if and when it kicks in >hopefully there will be decent drugs about to kill the virus, >or reduce it to a condition like hay fever.

I'm sure thats what the people who contracted AIDS 10 years ago and are now dead hoped for...

I guess if your in the scene permanently it's a different proposition. However if you are just on a short holiday and catch a deadly disease as a result of half an hour with a bar girl it would be irritating to put it mildly :)

>> There is a long incubation period; if and when it kicks in hopefully there will be decent drugs about to kill the virus, or reduce it to a condition like hay fever.

AIDS has no long or short incubation period. AIDS is the result of the desctruction of the inmune system of people that has contracted the HIV virus, is not like you have AIDS right after testing HIV+.

One of the problems that people is facing with their HIV+ status is that they don't know it, simply because they don't test, or thay test and for whatever reason the screening test used doesn't detect the virus antibodies.

Drugs? there are already a lot of them available but what is suitable for each one? What is more effective on a certain virus strain? Which one will your body tollerate? What are the side effects of taking pills all the rest of your life: on your body, on your personal behaviour, ... ? Trust me, you don't want to be taking some of the available medications during the rest of your long or short time. In some cases the doctors even don't find a suitable medication for a patient, the drug that is not causing suicidal attempts is causing a terrible rash, ... I guess there is people unlucky. :( I'm not even considering the economical aspect of taking those drugs, they are expensive.

I've known girls that are HIV+ and are still in the scene, ignoring their status and 'normal operating', but others that at the point they know their status stop working and going back to their villages. What to do? It's personal decision, I see nobody authorised what to do, maybe think how you feel when you've been tested HIV+ and simply decide if you care others feel the same.

Archived