Farangs with HIV

SiLeakHunt

Says flyonzewall:
not that i do share SOTH's ideas about AIDS or would advise anyone to behave the same way, but when he stated that he did not use condoms about 30 % of the time, i can only say that he behaves more responsible than the vast majority of people here in the nightlife i know.

[color:"blue"] Really? Do you mean expats or tourists or both groups? I thought the guys would behave more responsible. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have heard that the spreading of HIV slowed down in Thailand. Does this not apply to the Farang scene or has HIV never been a big problem for the Farang scene? [/color]

just because he is the only one in the thread here who admits that does not mean that he is the only one who behaves that way. just go a bit beyond the obvious here, and think more about the reasons why people behave that way. it does not bring anyone here any further in the discussion to jump on someone who is honest enough to admit that he behaves the way most people do behave.

[color:"blue"]I did not want to sound like a "holy" man. As I wrote before I did it without a condom too, during my visit in PP.

Concerning the "healthier" girls on Ko Samui: I do not know if this is right or wrong, but occasionally I read this kind of guessing concerning the HIV rate in a country, town, scene (for example freelancer versus gogos), but for me this is kind of false illusion. Even If there are less girls with HIV on Samui there is no security that you do not sleep with a "positive" girl, even she might not know it.

We have to face it: we - the guys who take part in the P4P scene - belong to the HIGH RISK group concerning HIV and other STDs. To give an example on a smaller scale: during my first trip to SE Asia last year I slept only with three girls within 3 1/2 weeks (in contrary to others who have 17 girls in 17 days :drunk:), and it could be that I caught my bacterial protatitis from one of them which caused some trouble one week after my return ::

Anyway it seems that there are different strategies how to supress the obvious knowledge of a much higher risk of catching a severed disease.

[/color]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Really? Do you mean expats or tourists or both groups? I thought the guys would behave more responsible. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have heard that the spreading of HIV slowed down in Thailand. Does this not apply to the Farang scene or has HIV never been a big problem for the Farang scene? <<<

i speak here mainly for expats. but of course i don't have any statistic to back up my claim, just the people i know.

the statistics on AIDS i have read stated that the rate of new infections went down here in thailand, especially in the prostitution scene due to the condom use in brothels and massage parlours. i have never heard though of any statistic on transmission of HIV specifically in the western oriented scene. i believe that such a statistic might be almost impossible to make.

i have only one personal opinion which was rather frightening though: before i went with my missus to germany for 6 months she needed a proper healthcertificate which had to be done in the policehospital to get that special visa. the doctor there said to us that almost 90 percent of the women who needed that healthcertificate were from the nightlife, and he said that he could not give about thirty percent the certificate because of a failed AIDS test. that was about 5 or 6 years ago. of course again, i can't vouch for that opinion, nor is there any statistic which could back me up. t'was just a doctor there saying that to us.

>>>I do not know if this is right or wrong, but occasionally I read this kind of guessing concerning the HIV rate in a country, town, scene (for example freelancer versus gogos), but for me this is kind of false illusion. <<<

there are a lot of false illusions around. one BIG one is that just because a girl might have just started to work and comes straight from upcountry she might somehow be more 'innocent'. thing is that a lot of the girls have also some sort of history in the villages. those villages aren't exactly paradises even though it might appear so to the casual visitor.

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

I once tried to arrange an HIV test but only one day a week out of the 5 testing days was available for hetrosexual men. The other 4 were gay only testing days.

How the hell do they enforce that? :dunno: How do they check? Can't you just mince in wearing a pink shirt tied halfway up your waist? Or do you have to prove something? ::

[color:"blue"] "i can only say that he behaves more responsible than the vast majority of people here in the nightlife i know.

just because he is the only one in the thread here who admits that does not mean that he is the only one who behaves that way. just go a bit beyond the obvious here, and think more about the reasons why people behave that way. "[/color]

I have little group of bar girls friends in Thailand, sometime we have dinner and a drinking night that we enjoy together. Those girls know that we are friends and that they will be no sexe between us, we only enjoy to be friend. One of those night we had a very open discussion about the scene, they ask me question about farang thinking and behaviour and I ask them what was they were thinking and about their experience with farang, some beers and wisky make them less shy about talking.

A little note here, they are not from Khrungthep or Pattaya.

When ask about wearing condom they all say that many farang ask to do without and that some offer much more money to have sexe without condom. Two of them told me that some farang offer very good money to have anal sexe without condom, falang kee nok they said.

About HIV and AID, they are all afraid of that, they all know a story about Thai women dying of it and it scare them a lot.

Ask about if they catch HIV will this come from farang or Thai men, they all agree that it will come from falang since their sexe behaviour are somewhat risky. One of them said to me " do you think that we don't know that almost all falang go to Bangkok before coming here, do you think we don't know that if they come here in the bars there is a 100% chance that they go in Bangkok and that they meet at least one other girl there. If falang ask here to go without condom I am sure they ask in Khrungthep to."

About BBBJ, they do it but are very afraid about it because of HIV.

So after talking about that with the girls maybe some of the girls ask to do without it, but I think it's often the farang who ask for it.

I began my sexe life in the 70's without the fear of HIV, I enjoy sexe without condom at that time so I know it is better without it. It is about stake for me because I don't intend to die soon, I want to have sexe and fun for a long time so I wear condom, maybe if some day they find a vaccin for HIV and get rid of it I switch to bare back but for now drunk or not I wear them.

"Ask about if they catch HIV will this come from farang or Thai men, they all agree that it will come from falang since their sexe behaviour are somewhat risky"

I'm afraid things in real life is a bit more complicated & nuanced than this view presented here if not different ::

just a though - just a though

Uncle Pervy posts;

I took a girl from Happy once(maybe the same girl) who wanted to know why i wanted to wear a condom.This girl is very popular there and demands it up the arse,i have known other guys to take her and they all say she does not bother with condoms at all.What her objective is,i have no idea,but she is heading for an early grave

CDV posts;

The girl I was with is quite popular. I think that there is a good chance she's the same person. I know her name and stage number, but won't post them here due to board rules. She's tattooed and dances like a woman possessed.

She's been at the same go-go for 5 years,

She's been filmed (with permission) and had some of those films put up on the internet (without permission).

I think anyone who knows Happy (or the internet) knows the girl you are talking about, but why someone as switched on to the Pattaya nightlife scene as her takes such outrageous risks is anyone's guess. ::

This is a girl who has earnt a small fortune (and not just by Thailand's standards) over the years and could have a very secure financial future.... if not a healthy one.

I have never been with her but have been tempted on numerous occassions and have always admired her dancing and unique look - but was amazed how many times I came across her photos and videos on the internet (by accident... honest!) and the fact she never seemed to be using condoms.

Aside from her, I have noticed that more girls, rather than less, seem to be forgeting about condoms than in previous years - have they become blase, forgetful or has the educational system collapsed?

Why would a girl with HIV worry whether you are wearing a condom or not? She has nothing to lose and may even get a perverse pleasure in infecting the same people who she perceives she caught it off - farang sanukers. The same applies equally to infected guys who see no reason to wear protection and have no conscience about passing it on.

I have heard many stories - some proven - of girls with HIV deliberately working unprotected either to make more money or to seek revenge on the world that has let them down. :(

"i have never heard though of any statistic on transmission of HIV specifically in the western oriented scene. i believe that such a statistic might be almost impossible to make."

well not quite impossible I think. looking at nanaplaza.com forum I notice more than 5400 reged. members today & add to that severel unreged lurkers. now how about everybody got tested & some appropriate pools made & some kind of result would be gotten even it might not be very accurate either as all the usual internet uncertainties would apply :banghead::dunno:

seriously I of course don't see this happening, but just a though - just a though...

p.s. perhaps we should include that 'happy' girl in the poll somehow as well :o

Archived