Should I move on or get him back?

Says Crash999:

[color:"purple"] Looks like you put some pressure on him to move the relationship up to a more serious level and he just didn't want to do it, so he thought that he should break things up rather than lead you along.

The things he told you about you benig the one he was looking for was probably the way he felt at the time. But then as time passed his feelings changed, perhaps when he was at home and he realized how difficult things would be.

[/color]

I accept that I might put some pressure on with my questions about our future. I still believe that he doesn't mean to hurt me. He just can't make it and try to find the best way to figure out our problems.

I am still in pain and trying to deal with the truth that I can't have him. Stop dreaming and move on :banghead:

I am so thankful for every comments and suggestions in this forum. All of you have helped me a lot to get out of the blue. I really appreciate it. :bow:

Life is precious. I shouldn't waste my time with my disappointment and sadness just because of one man.

Khub Khun Mak Kha,

Snowdrop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>...my problem is I am not a person who enjoy going out a >lot. I prefer to read books or watch TV in my room. I go out >sometimes to see movie or drink coffee. I wanna meet >people but don't know how to start it.

***Maybe it's time to force yourself to go out and in time it may not feel so uncomfortable...or a waste of time. Let your friends know that you'd like to go out with them...whether they are couples or singles. Spend more time out on the town whether shopping or just browsing. Surely it will seem like a futile effort initially, but usually when you least expect it you will meet someome. Always let them know you are just out for friendship and nothing else...while those you meet may not be what you are looking for, they may have other male friends. You never know what you'll get...kinda like the 'box of chocolates'.

***I must admit that, at least for this farang, it is _difficult_ to meet an honest 'good' and educated Thai gal. And I'm sure other farangs have similar problems. It's not unheard of to meet a gal that one thinks if a 'good' Thai...and soon they are blatantly asking for money for their parents or gifts, etc....but not questions about feelings and what is in the heart. Yes, both men and women can be deceptive!

>I also had a bad experience with a western man at >Starbucks...he ended up over conversation by inviting me to >the hotel with him. I was so upset. I didn't dress like a slut >or tried to flirt with him. Why did he approach me like that?

***He may have had sincere intentions...or likely just a stupid sex tourist who knows nothing about Thailand and foolishly thinks all Thai women are hookers. While you understandably were upset, at least you can go on with your life, but consider that man has to live the rest of his life being a fool with an IQ of 6 ;-)

>The reason that he will go to Krabi with his friend because >he owes this man. This friend paid for his airplane ticket and >hotel without knowing this intention that we would like to >come here to see me. (Is it true? ).... He said he would like >to take care his friend. If I spend time with him,his friend >might feel uncomfortable.

***I don't accept this. A true friend would not reject another's wife or girlfriend from coming along, assuming that she would also enjoy the destination/activity. And if your boyfriend only has a limited amount of time in Thailand, wouldn't he also want you to be with you as much as possible? Of course you boyfriend, and not his friend, would have to pay for your share of the expenses. I assume he can afford that!

Everything seemed to be fine >until I sent him an email to ask him about our relationship. I >wanted to know what he would like to do about us....and >Bang! he wanted to break up. I was definitely shocked and >confused.

***You simply questioned him and he could not stand being questioned and showed is true colors. He is a player...but at least you now know the truth. The broken heart will heal..and while weeks or months may seem like an eternity, but your heart will heal...

Chok dee...

[color:"red"] I got laid off 4 months ago and no bankrupcy in sight.

Not a pleasant situation but, if the need be, I can carry on doing nothing for years. Cannot believe that a man from the same profession as myself declares bankrupcy after only two months out of work. Besides, that's a very serious move that may fuck him up very badly, nobody does that light heartedly.

[/color]

Anyone who sounds like a mature person, agewise at least who declared bankruptcy needs to be checked carefully. It could be that his financial got dragged, ripped off, who knows?

Still bankruptcy should be the last option. :)

Jasmine

Sawasdee Kha.....

I have made up my mind that I would like to move on. But my heart is burning and it 's so suffering inside. I miss him so much. I know if he calls me, the wall that I have been trying to build will be destroyed suddenly.

I am so crazy. I checked with the hotel and I found out that he will check in tomorrow afternoon. I want to see him. Is it too bad if I will be there tomorrow? Just one more time. Let me do following my heart. I won't show up. I will wait until he finishes to check in and goes into his room. I don't want to make him embarrassed in front of his friend.

I am not trying to get him back. Just want to see the man I love. I know that I am a loser ......

Snowdrop

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. I think MANY of us have experienced what you are going through right now and know all about making "final" decisions to forget and move on. And then when you see that person that you still love, all your plans and intentions fall apart and you forget all the bad and try to focus on only the good that was in the relationship. Just don't forget that it takes two people to make a relationship work. One person can not salvage a relationship, when the other person is not just as sincere and dedicated to work through the difficult times. And don't make excuses for him. We all go through difficult times in our lives. Even though he may be going through one of those times now, do you really want to be with a man who will fold under the first signs of pressure? What happens if you get married and come under hard times? Do you think he will react so differently than he is now?

And I think that if this man that you love is not willing to put forth the effort that you obviously are, things will never work out.

Also, in my experience, going out and trying to meet other men while you still feel the way you do is not going to help you. Just give it time for the wounds to heal. It won't be easy. It never is.

Says jasmine:

Hi,

Give her a break, it is not that hard to learn to use this board you know!
:grinyes:

By the way, I don't even know how to use chat and this woman does!!!

Jasmine
:angel::devil:

I didn't say it was bad. I just noted that it was unusual on a first post. I don't know how to use chat either.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say that there's nothing wrong with penniless programmers! ::

"I am so crazy. I checked with the hotel and I found out that he will check in tomorrow afternoon. I want to see him. Is it too bad if I will be there tomorrow? Just one more time. Let me do following my heart. I won't show up. I will wait until he finishes to check in and goes into his room. I don't want to make him embarrassed in front of his friend.

I am not trying to get him back. Just want to see the man I love. I know that I am a loser ......"

First of all, you are not a loser, just someone who hurts a lot right now. Believe me, having a broken heart has happened to almost everyone who is willing to take a chance on love. After you will look back and realize that everything in your life happens for a reason.

As for going to the hotel, let me respectfully suggest that you DON'T DO IT. There are lots of reasons. Calling his room after he checks in might be an alternative.

Your bf sounds like one mixed up guy with a lot of problems. I don't know what the answer is. Good luck to both of you.

Says s_snowdrop:

I am so crazy. I checked with the hotel and I found out that he will check in tomorrow afternoon. I want to see him. Is it too bad if I will be there tomorrow? Just one more time. Let me do following my heart. I won't show up. I will wait until he finishes to check in and goes into his room. I don't want to make him embarrassed in front of his friend.

Well there goes the credibiltiy. Written by a GTG? Hardly.

Checking out of this thread. Porter!!!!

"Well there goes the credibiltiy. Written by a GTG? Hardly.

Checking out of this thread. Porter!!!! "

You are too hung up in stereotypes IMO. GTG=Madonna for many posters. Thai girls are like others, and have gotten more freedom and modern ideas as the world goes forward.

The poster is not a small uni girl, she is a grown up woman as I understand it from her posts. Why not treat her posts with the respect they deserve instead of doing what is done far too often here: call Thai posters trolls.

Cheers!

Archived