Thai TV in USA?

bromad1972

There is/was a company called Thai Globel T.v. or something like that. I saw a flyer for them at the Thai temple in Berkeley California. An internet search might turn up a few which can be viewed on line as well. Not sure where you are based, but a trip to the local Thai area might turn up more leads. Trouble is, a lot of these "specific" broadcasters require a separate dish and tuner for each station received...

Well there you go OH. A niche market. Special dishes and all for the lonely TG stuck in America. Make a bloody fortune.

I'll but the 1st 50 shares at $1. each

So how was the trip? Did I miss it or are there trip reports a cumming ? :rolleyes:

BB

Not quite, but it would be my pleasure to partake.

If airfare stay the way they are, I may drop in in a couplde of weeks to sample. :devil:

Great to hear you are both fantastic. :grinyes:

Bromad,

the site you need to visit for ThaiTC5 is:

http://www.thaitvnetwork.com/

The wife has it here in the UK.

As for other channels, I have tried vigorously to find alternatives and I have been led to believe that there is (at the current time) absolutely no other alternatives to the ThaiTV network. Hopefully that will change because their current program schedule is crap, although it does offer my wife some light relief from the 24 hour news coverage of the current goings on in the middle east.

Good luck in your search and let me know if you find something that may be portable to the UK.

Cheers!

:)

Although here in Thailand so don't have this service myself believe the sponsor is Thai Army TV Channel 5 but they call it Global or some such thing and have some programs that are not on TV 5 here in Thailand. Don't believe you have any other choice until worldwide cable becomes a reality as this service is not making money.

O.k. so here is a potential money maker for those interested! I see a vast market in the Los Angeles area!! Funny is, Filipinos in my area had a gripe about no t.v. programming, so the only option was an expensive dish and high monthly service charge. Within a few months, the local cable companies saw the opportunity and took over, killing the competion! We now have local originating Filipino T.V. I suspect this would happen for a Thai market as well. When I had digital cable, we did get a Cambodian news report everyday, around 4:30a.m...

LaoHuLi,

Sorry, I usually don't make trip reports. My life in LOS is fairly tame!

Yes - it is part of the Thai Army TV5 - full web site and also where to buy receiver, where to point it etc.

It is "Free" in most places.

HOWEVER there is a large underground business in USA and elsewhere of taping Thai TV (All channmels) and then selling this a tiny Video shops in Asian food areas, this is a big business (underground) in USA>

The problem with taking content from Thailand to USA is getting it there, then selling it.

A lot of legit attempts made, but in the end the audience size doesn;t justify the business costs

Says Old Hippie:

O.k. so here is a potential money maker for those interested! I see a vast market in the Los Angeles area!!

Sorry OH , we are clogged to the gils with hispanic , chinese , korean and japanese programming , nice thought though.. ::

BadahaswaytoomuchtimefortvBing :drunk:

Archived