Bank Error to our advantage - what to do ?

dsab

As tempting as it might appear to be to keep the money, if there is the slightest chance you could end up in a Thai prison based on how you handle this, let this be your guide.

lovethai

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Guys,

thx for all the advice. GF couldn't sleep all night, because she was worried. Bank is also the bank her dad and his company are having most of their accounts. So we agreed that she would go to the bank today, and sort it out.

Bank still thinks they didn't do a mistake, but they will investigate it. They try to trace the cheque back to the issuer of the cheque. If they can't, we are legally entitled to the money, according to the bank. But we should report it the the police, just to be on the safe side of the law and have some written proof that we tried to solve the mystery.

Happened according to the bank manager as well a year ago, and they couldn't trace back the money. Customer had to keep the money, but it was only about 100000 Baht. They will give us a ring tomorrow afternoon.

Lets see and wait....

Damn dsab,

am I glad the money showed up after all, for some days I thought it was lost.

What a relief and incredible moment of astonishment to see that I deposited into an account of another boardmember.

Miracles don't seem to stop. I'll PM my bankdetails, thanks for transfering it back. ;)

On a more serious note,

Good luck with the whole situation, this is a serious snafu.

I recently applied to 2 different Thai banks for a business loan. After months (!) of meetings and reams of paperwork I finally just gave up. :banghead:

BTW, all the while the bank officer called us daily and insisted that he wanted to approve the loan but the requests for documentation and interviews were never ending. IMO, my loan application became this guy's "reason for being" :onfire:

In the end, so much time past that I was able to raise the funds elsewhere. :grinyes:

Meantime dsab's bank makes what is obviously a mistake but won't admit it and suggests he keeps the funds!!! Unfreakinbelievable!!! :cussing:

Then the bank manager goes on to admit that it happened last year and they couldn't find the mistake then either. :dunno:

No wonder the loan officers are so cautious, the tellers are giving all the money away. :neener:

What a banking system! :doah:

I'd report it to your bank's head office right away- make a really bid deal out of it and you might get some favorable press, recognition, and save some poor bank clerk's hide.

5 million missing Baht most likely won't go unnoticed- and if you have started spending the money then guess what- you'll sooner or later owe it back. Who knows what sort of trouble you'd be in at that point.

Cheers!

Crash 999

Sorry mate. but I agree with the 'leave it there theory'.

Either they (whoever "they" are) will make it disappear as they allowed it to appear. OR it will stay beacause they really f**ed up or they can't touch it. Either way, you are ahead...just like you didn't look at those statements either.

Make a move.....you are no longer dormant. Someone has to look, maybe make a report,......not worth it at this time. [unless you have a FRIEND inside]. :dunno::grinyes::doah:

At least find out if you get to legaly keep the interest. If so, push that money into the highest interest account your bank offers. Leave the original money alone in case the shit hits the fan later.

Archived