Update on SAR Screening at airport (I arrived)

vic2244

Just made it in an hour and a half ago. Exactly like someone who post earlier. You declare whether u're sick, they take your temperature and check u out with a steroscope(spelling???). Not much hassle, real breeze. One thing I noticed and that it's so quiet out here at Don Muang on a Friday afternoon. Never seen that before. The local says it's the SAR, the War, and the alledged bomb scare (Bali???). Well so much for now. I'm off to Cowboy and see u guys at the DC.

Vic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you flew in from HK, is that true?

I would imagine that anyone coming in from Narita would not have to do this. I arrive from Tokyo this weekend, about 23:00 hours, on Sunday, so an extra hour/hour and a half could have considerable effect on first night sanuk (I want to make it to whatever remains of the DC at Sheba's)!

Yes, I'd like to hear from a few more guys that have flown in from Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan etc before I change my plans.

I've booked a singapore airlines flight for the 17th April don't really fancy spending two week in quarantine or wearing a mask for that matter but like the idea of travelling in a half full singapore airlines flight with all those pretty singapore airline girls at my beck and call, just hope they won't be wearing those masks thought.

I also picture myself as some sort of frankenstein figure in the village where I live with the locals with burning torches and stakes all coming together to burn the farangs house down!

Sorry for the late update. FIrst day been okay around town. Nice weather, not much of the mask action to be seen. It is tha law now that people arriving from the six places are required to wear the mask throughout their trip here. Not mask action in Cowboy nor Soi33. Guess it's safer to carry one around in case you bump into the brownies (police), 10,000 bht seems to much of a temptation and that money is going to a new bike or new gun I assumed.

Not much to worry for now.

Hi,

"Guess it's safer to carry one around in case you bump into the brownies (police), 10,000 bht seems to much of a temptation"

Now how is your average policeman to know where you came from, and how long ago?

I find it hard to believe that they can enforce a rule like this.

Sanuk!

Archived