Skytrain Directions

Coss

For Panthip, assuming your are coming from the lower sukh, a taxi would probably be the better choice. It is about a 20 minutes walk from the station and be prepared to walk parallel to a big street with not so much to see.

MBK is perfectly located for the sky-train.

I agree completely that from lower Sukhumvit a taxi is probably the best way to go to Pantip, unless it's a Friday afternoon and you don't mind being stuck in traffic. I usually pick up a taxi in front of the Landmark, so the taxi has room to maneuver into the far right lane and doesn't have to go out of the way to get in the right direction. Also, keep in mind that Petchburi Rd is one-way toward Pantip beginning at 11 a.m., so if you leave too late, you'll still have to walk a kilometer. Chongnoi doesn't like to walk ::

To Pantip from any place on Sukhumvit take aircon bus 511, bus turns right with WTC at your left, then left into Petchburi with Amari Watergate hotel on your right after the turn, get out at first stop, Pantip plaza somewhere on your left. Seems they moved the bus stop ahead of Pantip, I used to get off right in front of Pantip. There is a walking bridge over Petchburi that enters into Pantip first floor (you don't need to climb that bridge since you are on the correct sidewalk, but the brige can be spotted easily) Will cost you 8 baht and taxis are not faster. This is a Cheap Charlie advice.

Says Chongnoi:

Also, keep in mind that Petchburi Rd is one-way toward Pantip beginning at 11 a.m., so if you leave too late, you'll still have to walk a kilometer. Chongnoi doesn't like to walk ::

Tell the driver to go along the WTC and use some short tracks later. Always works for me.

Pantip Plaza - if coming from Nana direction get off at the BTS stop for Hollywood IT (can't remember the name of the station - hope someone here will help). Visit Hollywood IT - may get a few bargain in there. Look at prices etc. Walk straight through and out the other side - turn right and you are on the road to Pantip Plaza about 5 minutes walk.

I found it good to compare prices etc.

Archived