Seventeen girls in seventeen days

Here is a summary of my first trip to LOS last September at age 40.

Bangkok

I landed in Bangkok at 11:00 PM and took the bus to the Majestic Suites. Just getting of the bus blew my mind! Someone had an elephant on the street. I wasn?t really expecting this. I got checked into the hotel by 12:30. I was tired after my 26-hour flight (I can?t sleep on an airplane) but Nana Plaza was right there?

So I wondered into some bar on the second floor (it might have been Three Roses). I ended up barfining the first girl I talked to at the first bar I went into! Punters on the board have advised against this, but time was working against me. When we left the bar, I thought we were going to go right back to the Majestic (it is right around the corner from the entrance to Nana Plaza) but she dragged me right past it, down Sukhumvit, almost all the way to Clinton Plaza. We got some food from a street vendor, sat down at a table on the street and ate. She didn?t speak much English and my Thai is limited to the first two tapes of ?Thai for Beginners? and what I gleaned from http://www.learningthai.com/, but we were able to communicate somewhat. The guy with the elephant came by and we bought some bananas to feed it.

Finally, about 3:00am, we went back to the Majestic. I started taking off her clothes and playing around with her a little bit, when all of a sudden she starts making noises like she has to leave! It was something about her parents being at a hotel in Bangkok with her brother. She made a big deal about returning my barfine to me by placing it on the dresser. I was exhausted anyway, so I told her to go ahead. But she kept on explaining, in her bad English, why she had to go. She was almost pleading with me. I kept telling her to go ahead! Then she would give he a look like she REALLY wanted me to understand why she had to go, and then I would once again tell her to go ahead. This went on for about a half-hour or so. If we had gotten right down to business, she could have taken care of me and been gone already. I started taking off her clothes again. At first, no problem, but when she is almost naked she starts up with the ?I have to go? again. Then she got dressed, but she still WOULDN?T LEAVE! After a while it got a little scary, like when you are dealing with someone who is mentally unbalanced. I thought that maybe she wanted money, so I kept trying to give her the barfine back, but she would just give me a confused look, put it back on the dresser and go back to explaining why she had to go. By now it?s 4:00 AM and I?m completely exhausted. In the end I had to physically ?guide? her out the door. The last I saw of her she was standing in the hall with that strange pleading look, still trying to make me understand why she had to go.

Needless to say, I felt like a real loser, not even being able to score with a Bangkok hooker.

The next morning I ventured out of the hotel at about 11:00. Two girls immediately set upon me. I started walking down Sukhumvit talking with them. I would have done one of them, but there is no way I could have gotten an erection with the other one in the room, so I was trying to break off the one I wanted. We stopped off at one of the open-air bars about half way between Nana and Clinton Plaza to play some pool. By now I realize that I can?t get just the one girl, so I want to get rid of them both, which turned out to be not so easy. This is how I meet J___. J___ was born in Thailand to Thai parents, but was raised in Texas. He had come to Bangkok three years earlier for a month long vacation and never left. He realized my predicament and came over to help. We shot a few games of pool. He turned out to be a very good pool player and got rid of the girls for me.

J___ became my fast friend. He spent the whole day showing me around Bangkok. I was a little surprised that he didn?t seem to have anything else to do. We took the river taxi across the city to the Golden Mount. The fare was ridiculously low, something like seven baht. The river taxi was an interesting experience in itself. If there are only a few people waiting on the dock, the boat doesn?t necessarily stop. It just slows down and you have to jump on. To catch this river taxi, we cut through an area that looked to me like a garbage dump, but people LIVED THERE! All along the river was mile after mile of slums. It was a real eye-opener. Thailand has a lot of modern amenities, but also a huge amount of poverty. We had a great day checking out the Golden Mount and a few other places. J___ wanted to take me to Chomburi the next day, where his family was from. It sounded like a good plan.

J___ actually worked for the bar where we had been playing pool. He claimed to be a manager, but as far as I could see, he didn?t seem to do much managing. The owner of this bar was opening another bar that night and J___ took me as his guest. I can?t remember the name of the new bar, but it is a beer bar right outside the entrance to Nana. I sat with J___ and the owner and various other friends and family, so we got the royal treatment. It was pretty fun. After a few hours there (at no cost to me!) we went to another beer bar called the Sky Cruiser. When we got there, J___ ordered some hors d?oeuvres and a group of about five or six girls came over to our table. The girls were drinking all night and the hors d?oeuvres kept coming.

J___ was a nice guy - charismatic and fun to be around, but he started to get on my nerves. I kind of wanted to go back to Nana and get a girl, but he was pushing me towards the girls at the Sky Cruiser, most of who were pretty marginal. I was too embarrassed to tell him about my experience the night before, so he was under the impression that I didn?t know how to hook up with a girl (I guess I really didn?t, huh?). I eventually took a shine to a freelancer named P___. J___ tried to make it seem like I needed his help to get this girl. I kept trying to leave, but J___ was saying things like ?No, stay, for one more round? or ?She?s not ready to go with you yet?. Of course I could have just gotten up and left, but by now I considered him a buddy, so I hung around just as I would to accommodate any friend. At one point in time I asked P___ how long she had known J___. She responded that she had just meet him that night. J___ overheard her, spoke to her in Thai, and then she turned to me and said that she had known J___ for years! J___ chimed in that she had misunderstood me! It didn?t seem possible that J___ had spent all of this time with me just so I would spend money at bars he is affiliated with, but this was apparently the case. I guess he figured that if I thought he had a line to these girls, then I would want to hang with him and run up big tabs at his bars. Since I didn?t order any of the hors d?oeuvres, and had only agreed to buy a few of the ladies drinks, I was a little bit surprised to be presented with a bill for 4000 baht.

All in all, it was a fun evening out. In the states it I would have no trouble treating a friend to dinner for that kind of money. The tour of Bangkok that J___ had taken me on was great and the bar opening was a lot of fun. But the fact that I was being treated as a mark was more than a little annoying. This would be a reoccurring problem throughout my trip.

I ended up taking P___ back to the Majestic and had a nice, but not great, time with her. She had a sad story about her brother dying in a motorcycle accident and her father being blind and all that. She was a nice girl with an office job who just tricked on the weekends. P___ reluctantly confirmed that J___ had told her to pretend that she knew him, but she didn?t have any good explanation as to his motive. She seemed to be afraid to contradict J___ or help me make fun of him. J___ had claimed that his boss?s brother was a big police official or something like that and that might have intimated her. The next morning I gave her 2000 baht. She tried to squeeze me for 3000, but I thought 2000 was fine.

The next day I confronted J___ about knowing this girl or not. He looked me right in the eye and lied his ass off! It was pretty funny. J___ looks Thai, but he grew up in Texas and speaks English without an accent, so to me, he is an American. I found it difficult to comprehend that he would work so hard to grift me out of such a small amount of money. I decided that hanging with J___ was not going to be part of the plan for the rest of my trip.

The next night I went to Red Lips. I barfined a real cute tiny girl with a great rack. She was the second go-go girl I talked to and the second one I barfined! Back at the hotel (after she had stopped off to shop a few times) she got hungry. She ended up calling the doorman to get us some food. He showed up with a bunch of stuff. Thai fried rice for me (this is what I usually ordered in Thailand and it was always fabulous!). Her dinner was a little more complicated. There was a bag full of what looked like wiggling insects and worms. Bugs & Slugs! The insects were actually tiny shrimp. I naively assumed that they would be dead sometime before she ate them. It was obvious that a part of her decision to order this meal was to disgust me. It worked! Have you ever watched a girl eat her dinner as it tried to crawl out of her mouth? But I played along and even ate a few live shrimp. It this sanitary? I always thought that seafood was crawling with bacteria.

This girl introduced herself as L_____. Later, because her name was the same as a famous place in Bangkok, I found out that her name was really R_____! How come Thais can?t pronounce Rs? Even when it?s the first letter of their name! Once when I was screwing L_____ I was a little peeved about something she had done. Usually, I would do my best to try to please the girl, it?s part of sex for me, but this time I felt myself coming after just a few minutes and I just let it go. She was pissed! ?I not finish yet!? I would have to say that some girls enjoy the sex, or at least go way overboard faking it. I kept her for two days and took her to the Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm outside of Bangkok, which I would highly recommend for a date. On the way to Samutprakarn she wanted to stop off at home and change. No problem. As we were heading to her place, I became aware that she lived with her father! She didn?t seem to understand (or pretended not to) my concern about meeting him. Luckily, he was not there. We had a lot of fun together. I might have kept her for longer than two days, but she didn?t want to suck me.

One of my objectives for this trip was to visit a soapy massage parlor. I had been seen many warnings on the nana Plaza suggesting that one not take a taxi or tuk-tuk to a massage parlor, since you may pay a higher price in order to offset the drivers commission. The problem was, I didn?t know of any other way to get to one. People have suggested taking a taxi to a location close to the massage parlor, but I didn?t really know where they were, so I didn?t know what was close. I found Annie?s, which is right by Nana Plaza, but none of the girls there looked good to me. I finally gave up and took a taxi to Cupidity. I figured that I could see where it was, then come back later without the taxi driver. Well, once I saw the fishbowl at Cupidity, it was all over! There is something thrilling about looking at 80 girls lined up who are trying to get you to select them for a fucking. I ended up paying 3000 baht, which is probably 1000 baht more than I should have paid. You might say I got ripped off, but you could also make the case that I got a great deal, because after seeing that fishbowl I would have paid 10,000 baht! The girl I got there, Y__, was great. She did the inflatable mattress slide and all that. I will look her up the next time I go to Thailand. The best thing about it was that I could just sit back, relax and let her please me. If I took that attitude with some of the go-go girls I brought to my hotel, we would probably end up watching TV all night.

Pattaya.

Another objective for the trip was to see Pattaya. When traveling in a foreign country, I sometimes like to like to do things that the natives would do, the way they would do them, such as ride the river taxi. For me, it?s a little bit fun to struggle with figuring out when the schedule, where do I catch it, how do I buy a ticket, no one speaks English, etc. As part of this authentic experience, I decided to take the Thai bus to Pattaya from Bangkok, rather than a Taxi. I took the Sky train to the Ekkami Station and caught the bus there. This was a nightmare and I would advise anyone but the most frugal to take a taxi. It was kind of an adventure until I actually got on the bus. It seemed to go about 10 miles than stop and wait for passengers for 15 minutes. While we waited for passengers, they left the bus door opened, so diesel exhaust was pouring in the door. I was lucky to get a seat, since the bus ended up being so crowed that people were standing. I ended up getting off in the middle of highway by a gas station on the outskirts of Pattaya. In retrospect, I think that the next stop would have been the bus station in Pattaya, but everyone else got off, so I did too. I think it took us about four hours to get to Pattaya.

I had reservations at the Apex Hotel, but I was a day late and they had given my room away. I ended up at the Royal Towers. It looked expensive, but was only 1100 baht. Hotels in Pattaya are very inexpensive. The hotel was mostly filled with Chinese ? no punters seemed to use this hotel. I felt a little funny about bringing a girl back there.

I was not too impressed Pattaya. It?s kind of a run-down town with bars as the predominant industry. As you walk along the street, girls in the beer bars constantly solicit you. This wouldn?t be a problem, but many of them are substandard. With all the pressure, I found it hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. I would often be grabbed by a girl, make a snap decision that she was O.K., and them realize she was a dog when I was stuck talking to her. This got to be such a problem that I ended up avoiding the beer bars altogether.

I got a massage at either Sabailand or SabaiDee, it was O.K. and a nice value at 1200 baht. Due to personal preference, I didn?t like the girl as much as the one at Cupidity, but she performed basically the same services. That night I picked up a nice girl at Bubbles Go-go that recommended the Sunshine Hotel and helped me move over there. I give the Sunshine a great rating. It was clean, new and moderately priced.

I was having a little more trouble finding girls I liked in Pattaya than Bangkok. I am pretty superficial so I go for the stunners. Tragically beautiful, dangerously thin, etc? Whenever I walked into a go-go, all of the fat, ugly girls would lam onto me. I would try to get rid of them, but it was a little hard for me, being a nice guy and all. Since I don?t drink, it was a little tedious hanging out in bars, trying to get rid of the girls I didn?t want, and at the same time attempting to lure over the girls I was interested in. But I did find the go-gos the best was for me to get girls. In a go-go I could see what I was getting into. A few times in the massage parlors I was a little disappointed when the girl stripped down. Also, I could easily determine if a girl spoke good English. I was a little surprised to find that having sex with a girl that I couldn?t talk to wasn?t much fun. Before going to Thailand, I thought that would have been the perfect woman. Also, in go-gos it is obvious that the girls are there to be taken out and what the procedure is. I was a little uncomfortable in getting freelancers.

My second day in Pattaya I went into Spicy Girls II. I saw a B___ up on the stage just kind of standing there against the wall wiggling her butt. I called her over and bought her a drink. She was nice mix of Chinese, Malaysian and Thai. I noticed she had some crooked teeth on the bottom (I can be very fussy), it was early, so that was enough for me to move on. However, I wasn?t having as much luck finding the type of stunners I like in Pattaya so the next night I went back to Spicy Girls II and took another look at her. I asked her what she liked to do. She answered ?sex?. O.K, I decided that I might be able to get by this teeth thing.

On the way back to my hotel she had to stop off for dinner. B___ liked eating octopus. Not the normal, tiny kind that one gets at Greek restaurants in the America, but big hunks of tentacle. As soon as we got to my room, she started hitting the complimentary Thai whisky and telling her life story, which was pretty good. She is a Moslem and grew up wearing a veil. When she was eighteen, her and her girlfriend took off their veils and snuck into a disco. She ended up getting both drunk and laid for the first time that night. A few months later she ended up married to the guy. He turned out to be a loser, hitting her, not working, cheating on her, etc. Her mother was dead of alcoholism, her father was back in Malaysia so her only out was coming to Pattaya. ?Before I good lady, now I BAAAD lady!? She had been with eight customers. The first one, a Japanese guy, kept her for a month!

After a while she stripped down right in front of me, which is a huge bonus, I hate the titanium towel bit. Her body was perfect for me. She had put some pressure on me by saying that she liked sex, so I used all of my tricks and made her come five times. The next day she took me to get a traditional Thai massage by her house. She wanted to go to Tony?s disco that night. I don?t drink. It?s not that I don?t like drinking, it?s more that I like it too much. I can handle sitting in a bar if I have a good reason (such as finding a go-go dancer to barfine), but I am a little uncomfortable being in bars. But I figured that I would be a nice guy so I got dressed up in my finest Tony?s disco clothes and off we went.

At first I had a nice time. There is a lot of energy being put off by the girls. We danced a few times and it was all right. On the street in Thailand people are always annoying me by trying to get me to buy something. At Tony?s they have these same people, but the bar employs them! They wonder around with flowers, shots of liquor, cigarettes etc. B___ started really going to town with the Tequila. At first it wasn?t so bad, but after a dozen shots or so, she was getting pretty plastered. I kept trying to get her out the door and she kept stalling. She finally told me that it was her birthday! She was turning twenty-six. I ended up agreeing to stay until 2:00 AM, but I really wanted to get out of there. Every time someone came buy with a tray of shots she would grab one and I would have to pay for it. It wasn?t that I really minded spending the money (although I did a little bit, Tony?s seemed to be the most expensive place in Thailand) it?s more that I felt like an idiot. Finally, being unable to drag her out of there at 2:00 am, I just left her went home alone.

The next morning I woke up feeling a little bad. Alone in Pattaya on your birthday?. not a nice way to be. What if it were really true? I felt so sad for her. I went looking for her, but she was not at the bar. Probably lucky for me?

Than night I really went on the prowl. I went from go-go to go-go hunting for the perfect girl. It?s funny how the girls react differently depending on your attitude. By now I had been in a few go-gos and was getting a lot better about ignoring the BS and focusing on what I was there for. I would go into a bar, sit down and start giving the girls a good look over, if nothing caught my eye, I would be out of there in minutes, sometimes without even buying a drink. The girls reacted much differently to me in ?predator mode? ,where they were the game, than ?super newbie mode? , where I was the game. Finally, at one of the big go-gos on Walking Street a girl caught my eye. Her English was poor, but I barfined her anyway. While I was waiting for her to come out, the girl I really should have selected came over and chatted me up. I wanted to take both of them, but I would have felt that I was being rude to the first girl. We went back to the Sunshine and had an extremely marginal time. Since it was still early when I let her go, I went back out. At a different go-go on walking street, there was a real cool show where girls danced wearing only florescent paint. I barfined one of the painted girls and took her straight back to the Sunshine. She was O.K., but not the superstar she seemed when dancing with the florescent paint.

I missed B____.

Chaing Mai

Took a cab back to Bangkok and then flew to Chaing Mai. The cheapest fare was $80, but coach was sold out for the flight I wanted, so I had to pay $20 extra for business class. What a good value that was!

In Chaing Mai, I had reservations at the River Run Hotel. I didn?t feel comfortable bringing a girl back there, so that night I made my way to the Pandora Massage Parlor and selected a girl for 1200 baht. When talking to normal people about my trip, I would bring up cultural things like visiting the long neck tribes that live in the mountains by Chaing Mai. It turns out that the girl I got was Burmese and from a long neck tribe! Her mother wore the rings, but she never had. I figured that my fucking her was as good of a cultural experience as visiting the village. She was O.K

After one night at the River Run, I moved to the Mai Tai, which I really liked. It is super-budget hotel, I think it was something like 550 baht. But there were a lot of trekkers there, which gave the place a cool atmosphere. You could sign up for trekking, cooking classes or rent a motorbike right at the hotel. They had in-room traditional Thai massages for 200 baht. I got one every day I was there.

The only Go-go I found in Chaing Mai was called Spotlight. As soon as I walked in the door, this fat girl lamed on to me. She seemed to think that ?go away? meant ?yes, I will buy you a drink?. It seemed that there was nothing I could do to get rid of her. She was rubbing the back of my neck and all that, so it was very difficult to be rude to her. I wanted to take out one of the hostesses (she was wearing a school uniform) but I couldn?t figure out how to do it. None of the dancers appealed to me. I struck up a conversation with a bargirl about the availability of the hostess. She seemed surprised by this inquiry and informed me that they weren?t for taking out (?Her, she is waitress.? ?Yeah, I know. I want to take her to my hotel.? ?She is waitress? ?Yeah, I know. I want to take her to my hotel.? Etc?). This girl was O.K. looking, she was a little plain, but kind of sweet and innocent. She spoke good English and was nice to talk to, so I ended up barfining her.

Back at the Mai Tai, She took FOREVER in the bathroom. Based on a few of the things she said and did, I determined that I was probably her first customer ever, although she wouldn?t admit this. She didn?t know what smoking meant! I tried to make it as nice as experience for her as I could by giving her my best licking. She also told me that the cow that I had been trapped with earlier was under-age (she looked about 30). I think I give her 1500 baht the next day.

All in all, I would have to say that Chaing Mai was a disappointment from a punters point of view. The highlight of the trip was when I rented a motorbike and visited the Doi Suthep temple. Although I have owned several motorcycles, I was a little afraid of riding a bike in the Thai traffic, probably because of all the girls I met with motorbike accident scars. But it worked great for me in Chaing Mai where I could never find a taxi and got tired of haggling with tuk-tuk drivers.

Bangkok revisited.

The last few days of my trip, I was back in Bangkok. I didn?t have any hotel reservations so I decided to give the legendary Nana Hotel a try. What a dump! My room was freezing cold and the mattress was?. well, something was wrong with it. Since they were paying for the air conditioning, I figured that fixing the thermostat would be easy. I was a victim of incorrect thinking.

My first night back I ended up in Playskool. I was talking to W__ and then her friend K___ came up. They ended up talking me into barfining both of them. My first threesome! A fat, ugly waitress, whom I didn?t recall bringing me any drinks, started hitting me up for a tip. When I refused, she wouldn?t go away. She just stood there saying something like ?money for two girls, but no money for me??. Then the Mamasan tried the same stunt when I paid her the barfines for the girls. She didn?t seem to want to take no for an answer, so I told her that I didn?t want the girls after all and tried to grab the barfines back out of her hand. Her clutch on my money was to tight for me to retrieve it, but this action finally dissuaded her from continuing to try to squeeze me for a tip. This demanding of tips is completely outrageous. They must figure that you will never be back so they may as well get what they can. I had all of the usual trouble with aggressive solicitation of gratuities from wait people, but this was unbelievable!

I eventually got W__ & K___ back to the Nana Hotel. I would have to say that having two girls didn?t quite live up to the fantasy. I liked K___ a lot; she wasn?t exactly a stunner, but she was very pretty and had the BBJ skills that I was always looking for. The funny thing is that in the go-go, I was originally attracted to W__, who turned out to be not as attractive and a much lesser performer than K___. I kept thinking that it would have been more fun with just K___, but it would have been rude for me to get rid of W__. They were good friends and liked to go together. Their MOTHERS were friends! The next day I tried to call K___, but couldn?t get hold of her.

My last two nights I got stunners from Cascade and Rainbow II. These girls were both pretty and fresh. The one from Cascade was a beautiful little hard-body. Unlike most of the other girls, she would really bring it on the go-go stage. I invited her over for a drink and she told me that her name was U____ and that she was twenty-two. She looked a little young, but hey, they all do. After she got dressed, in a kind of ?rapper? get-up, she looked even younger. As we were walking out of the bar, I asked if she was sure she was twenty-two. ?Yes, why do you ask?? - like I?m some kind of a moron (O.K., maybe I am). She suggested getting a short time room but I told her that I was just across the street at the Nana Hotel. As we went to get on the elevator, she slipped by the security desk, where they collect the girl?s IDs, and right onto the elevator. At the time, I just figured that she was a rebel and didn?t want to bother with them, or something like that. Only later, after I added everything up, did I realize that she was probably underage and that I dodged a big bullet.

This experience made me wonder if other people check girl?s IDs and what might have happened if the Nana security guards had been more on top of their game.

My last night was with another cutie from Rainbow. She was twenty-two. I checked her ID to make sure. Most of the girls that I liked ended up staying the night, but both of the last two wanted to get out of there. Was it me? Was I getting jaded? Did it show?

I caught a cab to the airport at 6:00am. Of course I didn?t have the 500 baht that you need in Thai money to get through the airport, so I had to scramble to convert some dollars. After a 26 hour plane ride, I got into the states after midnight. Since I got in so late, I didn?t have anyone to pick me up at the airport and had to take a cab home. It was $80 US for a 40-mile ride. This was undoubtedly the biggest rip-off of the trip.

A few thoughts:

I?m not sure if my favorite girls were the ones who I kept for a few days, or I kept them for a few days because they were my favorites. I?ve heard that getting too attached to these girls is dangerous, but if I liked a girl I it was hard to let her go for an unknown. Especially since I sometimes got bored and lonely when I had to do daytime stuff, like visit wats, when I was between girls. Next time I go I?ll probably keep the girls I like a little longer.

When sitting in go-gos, I had a hard time getting rid of girls that I didn?t like. I spent too much time struggling to converse with dragons that I would never have taken out. I never really figured out how to solve this problem.

After short time in Thailand, I got very wary of people in the street. It seems like everyone is trying to pull some kind of a scam. I quickly learned to ignore anyone who addressed me as ?Boss?. I heard the ?That wat is closed, but it?s your lucky day! I?ll take you to a better wat, and to the once-a-year gem sale!? a few times. Once I was right outside Wat Pho and could actually see people going in and out! I guess I must look like a complete moron. I?m naturally a trusting person and I found it tiring to constantly have to keep my guard up. The funny thing is that the girls always treated me fairly. Thailand: where the hookers are the only ones who DON?T try to rip you off!

All in all, my trip was fantastic. I was in Thailand for 17 days and was with 17 different girls. Am I going back? Of course!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice report. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. If the dragon is seriously a cling on I will try to use her to get the girls I want to come over. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. If you come back in an hour she could be gone and you have a great time, as in YMMV. Interesting you didn't like the beerbars. I was the same way on my first trips, strictly gogo. Now I still like the chrome poles but also enjoy separating the "wheat from the chaff" as you put it, in a beerbar. The soapies were the first thing I tired of and haven't had one in several trips now. On freelancers, I was pretty comfortable as picking up chicks is something I've always done, but it takes getting used to I guess. Glad you recognized the scams and shit, I trust no one so no biggie. So, are you hooked now?

Smitty

I am not hooked. I go to Thailand because I want to. I can stop whenever I want - I just don't want to.

Besides, I haven't been to Thailand for something like... 241 days. And I'm not going back until at least next Tuesday.

Good report Roscoe and by the sound of it you had a your fair share of ups and dows as well. as Smitty said you some times have to cut your losses if you do have a serious dragon klingon problem and simply leave. Always remember that it is literally "up to you" who you buy lady drinks and food for and sometimes you have to be pretty forth right about it, be nice, say it with a smile and don't be rude.

Try the J W Marriott next time it is right above the Nana Hotel, it is an excellent hotel and very guest friendly.

Unlike you I have never (yet) had the sort of problems that you encountered with your ago go girls but there will be a first time. Next time you go back to BKK try the beer bars just outside NEP like Big Dogs, Morning & Night etc, there are some great girls there who will go LT for 1000 Baht.

Have fun next trip. About not being hooked on BKK, I wasn't until I came home from my first trip! I remember some one on the board telling me that LOS would change my life forever, well I didn't believe that then but ..... it does and will continue to do so! :applause:

Thaipan

Yes, nice report. I also had my first trip in October last year. I think I had many of the same experiences. Yeah, the scams can drive you nuts, but the sexy ladies seem to make up for it. The funny thing is, I now have a new Filipina girlfriend, and I still want to go back to Thailand. For me, it we very exciting just wandering around a strange country 9000 miles away from home and having boom boom whenever I wanted. After a month, I did miss things like: people who speak English, clean water from the tap, and sports (even though I am not a sports freak). I am not sure I am hooked on Thailand, but I do feel like I left my "heart" there. Any suggestion on how you tell your girlfriend you are going to Thailand? ha ha ha ha :D

Interesting report. I recently returned from my first trip. It was great. Did a lot of research (mostly on this board) before I left though and avoided most of the problems and hassles you described. To me all the scams and such seemed so obvious and easy to avoid. Not a problem at all for me. Perhaps having grown up in a big city where you definitely do not trust strangers on the street (or you don't survive for long) also helped me in this regard.

I thought some of the beer bars were fun after the initial shock of being regarded as the prey wore off and I figured out how to deal with the scene. You are right that your own attitude or the vibe that you put out makes a big difference in how they react to you and it got better for me after I got better at concealing (or perhaps I had lost) my newbieness. I liked that in the beer bars I could actually get to know the girl a little before deciding whether to take her with me. Playing around with the ladies in the bar was pretty entertaining in itself. Just because you talk to someone doesn't have to create any obligations and you can always just take their phone numbers.

I also found it to be a good thing to keep the same girl for a while when I finally came across one who was especially good for me. True I didn't have 17 girls in 17 days like you, but for me it definitely was better to have 5 great days with the same great girl. Quality over quantity. But this has other risks. . . .

Another thing many here have commented on is how frequently the so called "stunners" turn out to be ultimately disappointing. I found this observation to be correct at least with the one stunner I had during my trip. I had much more fun with the slightly less perfect but still very attractive ladies I was with. The reason the stunners you had probably wanted to get out quickly was so they could find another ST customer.

One thing I don't understand is why you had to take the expensive cab ride getting home from the airport in the U.S. Seems like this too could have been forseen and avoided with a little advance planning.

You are lucky you made your first trip at 40. I waited till I was somewhat older and now regret not having gone sooner. Better late than never though.

Good job!

You would go nuts trying to figure out every strange thing a bar girl does (or any girl for that matter). Never had one want to bug off before the main event. But then I do have the handsome factor!

Do the airport busses really run that late?

Every place in Chiang Mai is hit or miss from night to night. But there are some very nice and beautiful girls there! I can't carouse there any more because my GF lives there, but am allowed to hit the bars where she knows someone (relatives usually). Spotlight ain't one of them but I went there with her brother once or twice. There is one tall lanky one there that really does it for me. I spend more time at cozy corner as I know all GFs cousins there. Not too many great ones there tho. But much more fun.

Oh yeh. That first soapy! :grinyes:

As far as taking a taxi to massage, trat that like all things. Up to you. Hard and fast rules are neither. Your time, your money, do with it as you wish!

BTW, my local watering hole sells a 32 ounce beer called a roscoe.Why I do not know. :dunno:

That was an entertaining report, with some pretty funny sentences too. One question: You wrote something like it's amazing how you are treated different when entering a go-go bar in in "predator" mode, but you gave no hint on how you were treated, and i couldn't figure it out from the context of the whole paragraph either. Are you treater better, worse, how? Actually, when i go into a gogo bar, even if I am actually looking for a girl (which is about half the time), i always try to convey the impression that i'm not...Not sure why i do this but i do. but then when i see a girl i want i call her over.

Archived