Oversize Tee-Shirts and Tank Tops ??where??

NokTang

Looking for 3XLT or 4XLT type/size (american standard of sizes) Prefer all cotton.

Would LOVE some with the Thai screen imprints like elephants or wats. Even the soccer players would work wonders.

The only place I found was at the JJ market, and they were very heavy weight material. Need light weight if possible?

Any suggestions OTHER THAN STREET VENDORS along Sukmivit between Soi 15 and Soi 4? They claim even 2X is big enough (big size for you mister), even though is not. Thanks.

Nok the Kook

Go to the shopping center on Silom that has Central Store. Its right outside of the Sala Daeng BTS Station. I think on the 3rd or 4th floor, there is a shop with many many large size T shirts and nice designs. I think it advertises itself as carrying XL and up for western sizes and export. Prices not as cheap as the vendors...but quality is better.

Try pratunam at the base of the Bayoke towers. The place is like a huge maze but they have pretty much everything. Take along someone who can speak thai, it makes it much easier to get around and find what you're looking for.

I'm pretty sure some of the shops on the upper floors of MBK sell oversized stuff as well.

Hello. thanks for the reply.

I've looked all over Pratanam for several years it seems, with and without girl along. No luck. Same same for MBK and one other place, Bayon tower? something like that.

I'm going to try where the other member seems confident they know the sizes with good quality.

As for Pratanam, I have found a couple excellent shops for womens purses. Basically perfect copies of LV at wholesale prices(not the bargaining normally required) One of the LV I gave for Christmas 18months ago, used daily by the wife, has held up very well, no flaws or nothing, looks great.(and no, she did not know it was fake, no point in telling her, perfect copy as I say or what the hell, maybe the orginals made same place?)

I had some problems with Cartier however as the ink with the logo and some of the ornaments are very cheap looking after even a few days in use.

cheers

Nok

Think I just posted this someplace...If you go up Sukhumvit from Nana, headed to Soi Cowboy, as you pass Clinton plaza (R.I.P.) going passed living room and the French bread place, on your left is a table with very large polo/tennis style shirts. on your right, right at the driveway, is a gay guy who sells 2xl t-shirts, both of which fit me (polo and t's). From my experience, it seems Pattaya has more in the way of larger sizes...

Thanks, that is close! to my humm...first stop of Rainbow 2 most every night...I'll go by there.

Tee-shirts are the problem, not polo type. Polo types all over. Some reason, the Tee's in short supply. Polo are not the material I like, prefer "jersey" material which is what most Tee's are made of. This as opposed to "Pique" or "Herringbone" which most Polo shirts are.

regards,

nok the kook

I agree with you on the polo shirts not feeling good. Seems like they are itchy and scratchy, and are hot as hell, esp this time of year. Sounds like we shop for the same sizes. I wish the old T-shirts would stop shrinking like that. The sizes over there are acually one size smaller then advertised for American(fat ) standards. A XXL in LOS is the same size as XL in America.

ZMAN

Archived