Secret "Best of" Thai Food

Brink15

Following Rovineye advice on this board I taste miung khum for the first time in Khrungthep on my last trip.

I only eat it once so I can't comment on where is the best one but I surely will taste it every time I see it outside of Bangkok.

Delicious :rolleyes:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that is a great list and a great link as well.

Thanks for the info.

I agree that it only makes sense that the place with the freshest ingredients for a specific dish would have the best showing of that dish.

I may have to plan my next trip as a culinary highlights of the kingdom tour. :)

Another interesting link is here

This website is the work of Mom Luong Sirichalerm Savadhivat, leading Thai cook, a son of the infamous Mom Rachawong TanadSri Savadhivat from Shell Chuan Chim program.

You can try do the search accorind to province here .

The articles give you a good info of where to find good food with different settings and budget in Thailand.

It has great pics too.

Guest lazyphil

<<As an example many board members have posted about having traveled to Nakhon Pathom to view the giant chedi>>

Dont talk to me about this place, a while back I got dragged around here whislt going to see me mrs Grand parents at Pathum Thani, some big do going on at the chedi and I was sweating like the mother of all sweaty pigs...jeesas it was crowded and hot that day, littlun coped just fine as did everyone else, the only thing I had here was about a gallon of water. Sorry not to contribute here as far as food goes, but it just reminded me of the time.

Well thanks for dragging down the whole thread into a spiral of depression. :p

You'd think after all that time you'd have finally gotten acclimated to your new environment. :rolleyes:

Personally I found the Chedi to be a stunning example of Buddhist architecture and the mere fact of the sole of my shoes melting was no deterrent to my enjoyment of my khao moo daeng. ::

Guest lazyphil

<<You'd think after all that time you'd have finally gotten acclimated to your new environment>>

I battle the heat despite enjoying it (mostly!)....you Floridians (I just made that up) dont have these issues like us Northerners!!

OK food, not sure where it originates but I love Hoi tort (dodgy spelling), they make it quite often at the same stalls they Pad Thai, cant get enough of this.

The tastiest Kuay Tiew I've had is in front of Hollywood disco on Rachdapisek.

The tastiest Kay Yang (Actually Kai Bahn Yang) I've found at the corner of Ramintra Road with the Ramintra-Bangna Expressway. The restaurant used to simple open air, but appears to have done so well that they now have a fully airondistiond section.

Hi Brink,

another good thread.

There's a few places that have the best kind of dishes for certain meals. Like in Bophud there's a great Khao Man kai place.

In maenam there's a great place for Muu Klob PHad Phet.

Opposite the airport is actually a really good resataurant as well which does a mean kaeng Penaang.

Pee Soon in Chaweng, on Novotel raod, behind 7-11 or leftish/behind, is the best place for lots of fish.

In Hat Yai, the road coming from the railway station, there's a Chinese restaurant called NaYoa, great food, my fave in HY.

Archived