Everything you always wanted to know about Thai women but were afraid to ask?

Hi -- Smoker is pretty much on the money except for a few things that I've observed with my Thai wife of 7 years. Big muscles for her, and for most of her friends, are a definite turn-off although so is an overweight body. I also don't agree with Thai women not adjusting to life outside Thailand. My wife is just as happy being here in Hong Kong, although having a big Thai population here helps. She also has friends living in the US and Canada who are just as contented living overseas and after years away find Thailand just way too hot. The western women backpacker thing, though, yes that's very true. Wish they'd lighten up a bit. I don't shoot dirty looks at the Western women I've seen in Bali with Indonesian guys or the white women I've seen in Jamaica with the local talent. That's life, I guess.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Khun Sanuk,

Sorry can't help you with getting in contact with Smoker. In the past when I did a search for his handle on the Lonely Planet web site about twenty of his posts would turn up. Usually he would be on the woman's branch holding the line against the femnazis but I haven't seen his handle for ages. Then again I am getting out of the LP habit these days and even when I go over there I choose to skip the woman's branch so he could show up there and I wouldn't know it. Sorry I don't have an email address or anything for him to pass on to you.

I do get the impression from his posts that he chooses to live his life outside the typical sanuk route so I doubt if I for one will bump into him during one of my down market tours of the backwaters of Bangkok. I can guarantee I won't run into him in the gym pumping iron unless that particular gym serves cold beer and has a well stocked fish bowel for that post workout rubdown.

If you have a registered handle on the LP site and his handle shows up there you could send him a private message and ask if he minds you using his stuff.

later, Sandman

• 3 weeks later...

Still interested in anyone on the board that has any experience with a upmarket Thai woman who has as much cash as you do?

What are Thai women like when you take the money out of the equation?

I am a down market guy myself but I'm beginning to believe that the same as there is trailer trash in the States there is Thai trash in the Land of Smiles.

You might have a fun weekend with a stripper or biker chick but if you want to be happy for the rest of your life go upscale. This is true in the States so is it also the same way in Thailand?

If she has her own money she is with you because she likes you and not your ATM card. I gotta wonder what happens when you have the looks and cash to attract an upscale-cultured career woman instead of the typical gogo and beer bargirls. I doubt if in a three week sanuk trip I will ever find out the answer myself so what do the Thai expates that have a life of sipping martinis and not swigging beer while sitting beside me on holiday have to say on the matter?

see ya, Sandman

Sandman, I'm speechless and that is not the norm for me. You nailed it and I can't think of anything else to add, agaion not the norm for me. Thanks.

Great thread..not alot to say cuz I only stay a month at a time on business..but I luv to hang out with upscale thai women just for the pleasure of the company..I always hit the gogo's for the other half!!!...C u guys in a week!! ..YAHOOOOOOOOOO

G

Sandman

I'm getting married next month to my non BG GF, her family are very wealthy and live in a "Huge" house in Kanchanaburi. She has a MBA and her own house and car 5 or 6 credit cards cleared off every month and insists on taking her turn with restaurant bills.

How it will last is anyone's guess.... I'll keep you posted.

WOW! Sounds like you found yourself a keeper!

Does she have a younger and better looking sister that has a weakness for Canadian Peter Pan types?

Happy Trails, Sandman

• 5 weeks later...

Quite a surprise to see my advice post from Lonely Planet make it to this board. I honestly thought it was long dead and buried having fallen off the LP women’s branch.

Khun Sanuk’s Request

I personally can’t think of any reason a sex tourist site would have any interest in a rough guide to love and marriage to an upper class Thai woman but if you still have any interest in my writing feel free to do with it what you wish?

Before signing off from my first and last post I do have a short comment to the guys above who don’t think Thai women like muscular men. Thai bar girls and when I think about it in fact all Thai women are great mind readers and know how to play the western male like a hungry trout.

If you are bald, they will say they like bald guys. If you are fat they will swear while hooked up to a polygraph machine they love sumo wrestlers and the needle won’t even quiver. Don’t blame them for this; they are simply taking care of business the way any Bar Girl will when trying to keep the family in rice for the rest of the month.

I do suggest before your next sex tourist trip you take a break from the booze, drop the junk food, chug protein shakes for breakfast and pump iron for about six months. You are not trying to look like a professional steroid fed body builder but just a nice slim hard athletic type of look. Then walk into a go-go bar with six pack abs and a pair of nice arms and just see the reaction you get from the girls. You might be surprised at how interesting the Bar Girls find a good strong muscular body before the wallet comes out. Of course if you don’t want to go through the curls for girls routine try taping two thousand bath notes to your forehead because that works just as well as pumping iron.

That’s it from Southern Ontario, the wife and I fly home on Labour Day weekend.

Good luck in Thailand to all of you,

Smoker

Archived