Hardened Scene...

Coss

After two years the scene has hardened and noticeably so in Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy.

Much more attention to money and less to the GF experience. Not like I remember.

But with a little work and lots of smiles, there were found a few good ones in most bars. Shame about the hardening of attitude though...

Cheers...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the scene really hardened or have you become more experienced and cynical to the game?

I think the monetary transactional part of the scene is less "up to you" and more "this is my fee". I also think the pressure of bar quotas to make salaries has led to more of the buy me cola before saying hello and pay bar question after chatting for 3min.

Then again I don't visit many bars these days and the ones I do go to are the more popular and bigger named ones so I can't compare the attitude in them versus the smaller lesser visited bars.

I have found that over the years I have been more dictating and discriminating in the bar scene whereas in the past with my limited knowledge and experience I was more wide eyed and go with the flow.

The level of fun is still the same with the women but I now control more of the structure, terms and type of fun I wish to have.

there are still plenty of nice girls, but definitely in Pattaya, you might find this true too. I think the main reasons are that there are more things you can buy these days, just think of cell-phones, the girls (their families too, let's not forget) are aware of all the products fun to buy out there, and they want them. A second reason is that, IMO, there's a new type of sex/smitten tourists who basically spend a lot of money around the girls, their GFs see it, and it snowballs into a generation of spoiled demanding brats. It might work for a night, but gone are the days where you could dispense of 500 bahts once every few days, plus paying for food and tidbits.

Says pattaya127:

. A second reason is that, IMO, there's a new type of sex/smitten tourists who basically spend a lot of money around the girls, their GFs see it, and it snowballs into a generation of spoiled demanding brats.

Yes. Maybe the change is to what the market wants. I have always looked more for a hook-up that lasts a few days. A girl to go out with, see the areas day and night as well as hotel calisthenics. This used to be more common. More girls seem surprised by this than before. They tell me customers never takle them to dinner let alone to a Wat or what have you the next day. They only want sex. Now nothing wrong with that, and to each thier own, just guessing why the change is happening.

But as siad above, there are LOTS of girls you will find that are not at all "all business". Even in the a-go-gos, but harder to find.

Like anything, its there if you look for it. I just returned from BKK. My first night there, in Nana, I met a girl that I ended up spending a bit of time with. While she wasn't a stunner....she was alot of fun :D We went out to dinner a couple of times, and she, her sister and her 'uncle' took my friend and I on a tour of Ayutthia for a day.

Imo, I don't think the scene had hardened ocer the last years. But sometimes, one day it is great, the other day same bar same lady it is a waste of time and money. I had some good times though. So, imo it is more a matter of the day/ time/ circumstances/ ...

When almost all the rainbow girls even marginal ones will now go only ST at 2000B unless you are willing to fork over 3000B for LT, I would say it has hardened and become more like a business.

Girls who used to go only ST a few years back would do so that because they have some type of commitment at home (i.e. BF, child, etc).

Now rainbow girls will tell you "i go ST so i come back to the bar to go again". This translates to making more money and spending less time with the customer and now they get to go home and separate their personal life even more from her bar life.

The bottom line is that it is more business like and less like renting a GF for an increasing number of girls. For finding "a renting a GF experience", you must turn over many more rocks than ever before.........

Cardinalblue

Yes I agree, I think many do like to separate their "working" life from their personal life. One BG I got to know well over a coupe of years told me that unless she particulary liked a customer she would only go ST. Fortunately for her she is quite a looker with bubbly personality so can make ST what others make LT anyway. Her reason for prefering ST was that she prefered to sleep in her own bed, sleep late the next day or do whatever she wanted.

I guess these days if you want a "rent a girlfriend" experience, you may have to be prepared to treat her like a girlfriend. ::

Well anyway I'm looking foward to getting to Bangkok next week and "turning over a few rocks" to see what I can find - Haha

Cheers

DWS

Archived