Swiss Air / Cross Air Info

Says Hamokhamok:

Have made a search and could find nothing re Swiss Air or under Cross Air either.

Anyone info on Swiss Air.

Excuse my ignorance but are they both the same airline ???

Yes, they are both the same airline or better Crossair took over operations from defunct Swissair. Here's an information from the 'Swiss International Airlines' web site:

Shareholder structure

Under the new strategy to transform Crossair from a European regional airline into a Swiss airline operating on an intercontinental scale, the extraordinary assembly of shareholders held on 6 December 2001 approved a comprehensive change in the company?s capital structure. Taking unprecedented action, the public and private sectors pledged to commit CHF 2,561 million to support the new airline. The new shareholders? funds were made available to the company in the form of share capital (CHF 2,286 million) and share premium (CHF 275 million).

The share capital of Swiss International Air Lines totals CHF 2,627 million and consists of 52,536,680 registered shares, each with a nominal value of CHF 50. Each share entitles the holder to one vote.

Authorised capital of CHF 95 million has also been set aside; it will remain available for use until 30 April 2003. A further CHF 60 million in conditional capital has been allocated for a possible employee shareholding programme.

Shares in Swiss International Air Lines are listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange SWX. The ticker symbol is SWIN or CROZn and the security number is 1326969.

Shareholder structure as of end of 2002

Swiss Confederation 20.4%

Cantons and communities 12.2%

Institutional investors 64.1%

Private individuals 3.3%

I fly them quite often, was Swissair, went bankrupt, Crossair daugther took over, new airline name is SWISS.

They fly Zurich-Bangkok-Singapore with a daily MD11.

On their frequent flyer program however seems you can not get a seat to bkk...

Hamokhamok,

And you would think we have have a few Swiss guys on the board?

Didn't you know how discreet the Swiss need to be with all these tax-evaded fortunes and laundry-washed drug money???

Maybe you could use some magnificying glasses yourself? No-one replied??

There just a decent airline, nothing special, maybe therefore a lack of comments???

And who needs to be in Zurich anyway?

Well seeing as how you asked!

Used Swiss - Business Class UK-Zurich-BKK last November.

The price was right.

No complaints, punctual, efficient. No personal TV but portable DVD players available.

Not as good as BA biz class but at 1/3 the price who needs it? And that buys a lot of Carlsberg! :sleeping:

flew them before and after they went bankrupt.

seats in coach and business are not as good as for example UA (for intercontinental flights of course), but better as on the old TG planes (about as good as the newer TG planes and again for intercontinental flights).

board entertainment is quite modest (no personal screen even in business, but dvd player) but food and beverages are over average. service is good if you get a thai stewardess to serve you; otherwise in the service as in so many western airlines: gays and grannys!

last year i was lucky to get a upgrade to first class on a east coast-zurich trip; one of the best first class worldwide; full decline bed; seat features better than UA first; excellent food and beverages: caviar, foie gras, dom perignon, bordeaux

I do get bordeoux or similar on virtually any airline - in coach mind you - hope what you got was grand cru or something :grinyes:

I've flown Swiss on one of my first trips to Asia & a few times around europe - it was ok I recall & I used to be a qualiflyer FF member actually for some reason & when they switched to swiss travel club I had a good chuckle as the card replacement was simply a cheap 'thin paper card board' as opposed to the usual CC type plastics :drunk::clown:

Archived