angioplasty in Thailand?

togaduke

I was just courious if there is anyone out there that has had this done..what are the cost, and how safe is it.. :angel: I mean like its the hospital clean.. what.is your chance of getting a infecition and just how do they check you out to see if you really need it... I have been living off big macs and friench fries and pototao chips for 42 years so I think its just a matter of when I get this done... :banghead:

of course angioplasty is done in thailand as well as a bypass. for thais the price is 30 baht, for foreigner a bit more. but some hospitals are very good and are at the same level as top western hospitals. and there are as well some excellent heart surgeons here.

Not sure about Thailand, but a lot of cases in the USA, a surgical team is standing by, if the angioplasty is a "no-go," a bypass is immediately preformed. The idea being, the blockage is so bad the cathator can't pass, neither can blood oxygen etc...

A friend had it done at Bangkok General (on health insurance)in something of an emergency. He was very pleased with the service and results and has even taken up drinking again.

yea been having some mild chest pain for the last year or so, I doint really think it comes from exersise, but maybee from to much starbucks coffee, its been a year I work as a realtor so no health insurance.. there must be a loophole somewhere whats the deal if health care is free, in caniada, :hubba: would they treat a american there for free...and I doint want to go to the doctor here for that and then get blacklisted from gettin any insurance

BUMRUNGRAD HOSPITAL

DIAGNOSTIC CORONARY ANGIOGRAM

PACKAGE

1 Day Length of Stay

Cost is 39,000 baht (package including room etc)

A balloon angioplasty without diagnostic is 105,000 baht

Bypass is about 300,000 baht plus 25k each additional.

Basic heart health check is 4,400 baht and that would be a good starting point. From there you can determine if further procedures are needed. There is some good preventative medicine now so you might want to check out simvistatin under local brand Zimmex if you are not taking anything and you know your lipids are high.

Archived