Best Hotel Pool in BKK?

Fiery Jack

I like an early morning swim (a proper workout, not just farting about), so the size of a hotel pool is important to me ? the bigger the better. In BKK, the largest pool I've found is at the Siam Square Novotel (over 50 metres from one end to the other) and it's open from 7AM (I think: head a bit fuzzy at that time of morning :drunk:: could be 8AM...) which is great as there are no other punters about at that time so I can get a good few lengths going without crashing into some one-armed geriatric swimming in circles halfway up the pond :doah:. (I can usually get "a good few lengths" going in the bedroom a few hours earlier too, but that's a different story ;).)

But recently, as I've posted elsewhere, the SS Novotel has gone down the pan in other areas (dirty room, poor service, petulant staff ? reminds me of the UK :() so I don't particularly relish the prospect of staying there again. The pool was fucking filthy last time I was there anyway ::.

Any recommendations for a large, clean hotel pool in BKK?

Cheers,

j ::

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as for large pools I don't care much as I have trouble swimming more than 5m without a break these days, but for 24h open one's that allow for a night 'swim' with your tiruk I know quite a few:

*promenade soi8, but VERY small & prolly filthy(I could not see as was dark!) rooftop

*ruamchitt above thermae, again rooftop, but a bit larger & nicer...

*grace soi3, quite large, but not as 'privat' as the others :hubba:

enjoy :rolleyes:

instead of setting up a contest amoung the most filthy and sleazy pools in lower sukhumvit, you could also recommend to wait for the next tropical rain shower and swimming up and down the flooded soi.

so which soi in lower sukhumvit is the most swimfriendly while flooded?

You should check the swimming pool at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumwit. It is quite large, but it is freeform, so it does not suit Sportive swimming.

They are some hidden corners in that pool, so that is perfect if you stay with a girlfriend.

A stereo is always playing some thai music, which is nice at thebeginning but it can annoys you after a few hours.

The Conrad has Massive pool that swerves around the corner, a smaller plunge pool and a bar. If you want a image of it send me a PM and I can email back.

Hi!

I don't know about BKK but Soi Skaw Beach in Pattaya used to be a good place for a swim after a heavy rain. A friend that was staying at the Florida hotel once hauled out a drunk german that fell flat on his face in about 2 feet of water and counldn'd get up by himself. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

Archived