BG's gains and risks taking a farang upcountry?

maxal

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Fiery Jack:

There is no "MRs FJ"
:neener:
. Or, rather, if there is one lurking somewhere, boy that must've been some fucking bender
:drunk::doah::drunk:

jack
:p

I was on the same bender. It was my stag do. And before it I wasn't a katoey. I thoguht the worst that could happen was I'd wake up with Wigan Athletic tattoed on my forehead, but no we had to go to BKK instead of Blackpool.

Cheers

well if your GF want's you to pay the BF you're pretty much fucked unless you have a special :hubba: thing going on with the mamasan. but if your GF is truly on your side & she's on good terms with the bar/papasan she'd be able to be exempth or so I believe :dunno: well at least my 'gf' seems to be able to negotiate days off almost whenever she feells like it or maybe she's just bloody rich & pays it herself :eek:

now if you still have to pay, you can always try to negotiate a multiple discount...

good luck :p

1. Negoiating money for a "boyfriend" not a customer and what about the BFs?

2. How long to go upcountry for first time out? I'm thinking a week maximum what do you guys think?

3. What to take or not to take for the trip?

4. How much money to take for trip? (I have no plan to pay for a village party- at least not yet!)

5. What if her mama or her son doesn't like me?

---------------------------------------------

1. your business, not ours, I'd say. If you feel chemistry with this person, anything within reason should smooth out the money "thing". A nice touch from you and her would be to give mama 2 to 5000 bahts, instead of remunerating your GF. You are definitely not a customer anymore (in theory at least), but still a farang (no way out of this one :: :()

2. a week is long (even for your GF, believe me!) to rought it out the first time. 2 or 3 nights over more likely.

3. same as if you'd go camping, without the cooking gear and the tent (well, i hope so ::)

4.A party can cost 10 000 bahts if you are set up, or a few bottles of lao khao and beer chang for a few hundred bahts. I think you worry a lot about the money thing. Maybe use the chemistry to talk things out with GF. IMO

5. what if you don't like them? Seriously, thais are famous for not showing too much affection or emotion, so I am sure you will be safe on that first trip in terms of this, also refrain to try to interpretate too much into little details, mockeries and awkward "thais meet farang" moments.

6. Enjoy yourself. you will definitely know how much this girl thinks of you on such family visits.

Says maxal:

I am willing to take a risk and have her take me upcountry. Here are my risks/concerns...

(These risks/concerns are pretty much covered by you all on the board but a specific refresher course would be greatly appreciated.)

1. Negoiating money for a "boyfriend" not a customer and what about the BFs?

2. How long to go upcountry for first time out? I'm thinking a week maximum what do you guys think?

3. What to take or not to take for the trip?

4. How much money to take for trip? (I have no plan to pay for a village party- at least not yet!)

5. What if her mama or her son doesn't like me?

Finally, whether it works out for us or not in the near future, how much does a BG have to gain or lose by taking me, the farang, upcountry? What is her risk?

Suggestions please?

1. Cheaper for you if she tells the bar she is taking a month long holiday to go home. Make sure you do it after she gets her previous months pay. I would think it is fair if you give the the equivalent of the months salary from the bar in return for her taking the holiday since you now avoid paying the BF. Your going to pick up the expenses to go to her home and anything beyond that is what you deem to be fair.

2. Depends on how much you like the countryside. I'm usually good for a week to two weeks at a time depends on my frame of mind. I am a city boy.

3. Bring INSECT REPELLANT, disinfectant, Immodium, personal music player, reading material. Soccer ball to kick around with the children and leave as a gift to one of them.

4. Take as much money as you want but take small bills. I make it a habit to give the girl a set amount or allowance before we enter the village. She has to provide for everything(food, beer,money for relatives, smokes, etc) during the stay with that money so that no one comes to me with their hand out. Works like a charm everytime. I have never been hit up for beer or any other kind of money, everyone goes to her and she says yes or no.

5. They don't like you first time, no problem. Honestly you won't know if they do unless your GF tells you. You won't really be there long enough for them to get to know you. Make sure that they respect you and you them. Basically they are just going to stare at you most of the time if they aren't used to seeing farang. After a while you just become part of the scenery as they go about their daily business.

6. Gain or loss is measured by how much she values/cares/loves you. You won't know her true risk unless she chooses to tell you which will occur probably way after the visit is over and she deemed it a success.

Says pattaya127:

1. your business, not ours, I'd say. If you feel chemistry with this person, anything within reason should smooth out the money "thing". A nice touch from you and her would be to give mama 2 to 5000 bahts, instead of remunerating your GF. You are definitely not a customer anymore (in theory at least), but still a farang (no way out of this one ::
:(
)

Fair enough...

Says pattaya127:

I think you worry a lot about the money thing. Maybe use the chemistry to talk things out with GF. IMO

5. what if you don't like them? Seriously, thais are famous for not showing too much affection or emotion, so I am sure you will be safe on that first trip in terms of this, also refrain to try to interpretate too much into little details, mockeries and awkward "thais meet farang" moments.

6. Enjoy yourself. you will definitely know how much this girl thinks of you on such family visits.

You're right pattaya127,

I'm thinking too much. A not a good thing to do in LOS. The part of about expressing emotions, I'm not sure about. My GF expresses her emotions quite well. Its part of the attraction. Then again, it all might change when she gets around her family right?

I seriously look forward to the visit. Its going to be a great experience regardless of the outcome. What better way to go upcountry than to be introduced to it by a native that cares about you? I'll keep your words in mind.

Archived