Ashamed of being a farang

Zaad

Says flyonzewall:

i do not have most of the signs heavy smokers should have... about two years ago i was holding my breath again after watching 'the big blue' and without training i could still keep it for two and a half minutes...

I've only dabbled in "muff" diving and am, by all reports, quite proficient at it ::. Controlling one's breathing and, moreover, avoiding "coming up for air" at vital moments is indeed a tricky problem, though ::. But if puffing 40 fags a day increases lung capacity, I'll start smoking heavily as of today :). Apart from anything else, I'm sick of carrying a bloody snorkel around :o.

jack :drunk:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't control the behavior of other people in general or particularly public places.

All i can do is lead by example and be responsible for my own actions and behaviors.

Have I been ashamed of being a falang in Asia? I guess based on what criteria you are using, so far my answer is no...

Cardinalblue

Guest lazyphil

<<All i can do is lead by example and be responsible for my own actions and behaviors>>

Um....follow CB into Soi Cowboy, I like the sound of that my leader :D :D :D

Guest lazyphil

laziness below dishonesty, this now illutrates to me how much you have lost the plot out there :)

I'd prefer my mrs to put off washing the dishes for one day (lazy) than going off shagging my best mate and telling me otherwise (dishonest), hypothetically speaking. Same goes for me, I'm sure she'd prefer this of me too. Simplisticly put I know, just my take on your angle.

Have I been ashamed of being a falang in Asia? I guess based on what criteria you are using, so far my answer is no...

I understand and tend to agree, CB.

'Ashamed' is maybe a bit too strong in this case.

However, I just hate the fact that AGAIN I see two dumbass and rude farangs giving a bad name to all the others here in Thailand.

While they go back to wherever they came from, I (we) stay here in LOS carrying 'the label' they give us. ::

That's just shitty.

Guest lazyphil

<<While they go back to wherever they came from, I (we) stay here in LOS carrying 'the label' they give us>>

I had you as someone one with much more self confidence with yourself than this post suggests to me. You will be judged by your behaviour than others (if not, fuck em'), as I will judge Thais by how I find them individually or any other human being for that matter.....oh, I'm sure you have expats who behave in a unsuitable manner (as to your outlook ;))...or is it just us and them, i.e. expats and tourists??

Zaad,

There will falangs acting irresponsible and rude anywhere you go but i just don't see the connection between you and them.

You are you and they are they. Some white guys who get busted selling drugs in LOS, I feel no connectiveness, sameness or Identity with them just because he has the same skin color as myself.

If there was anything remotely correlated where i feel some sense of a tie or a general bond, I do take notice of nationality and in my case Americans behaving badly carries more weight for me than a word Thais give to basically skin color....

Maybe all those national anthems I have had to stand for and pledge of allegiences in school bear some fruit after all.....

Cardinalblue

Archived