Ashamed of being a farang

Zaad

Today I was ashamed of being a farang.

After work I went to this bar and I enjoyed my Singha beer. Ahhh ...delicious. Sitting there, drinking, and listening to the farang music.

As I was sitting there I saw two farangs having dinner among few other Thai people and smoking their cigarette. Ok, but...what's that sign...a NON-SMOKING sign? Haven't they noticed the sign? It's only 10 cms away from their fucking face. Blind farangs maybe? Weird...

I asked the girl behind the bar about those guys. Actually, I didn't mind much, just curious about the other people who were trying to have dinner AND the sign.

She told me the owner wasn't there and didn't want to 'bother' them.

5 minutes later...one of those guys walked to the bar...litterally slams his glass on the bar and moves his chin up in the hope the girl understands his sign. She asks him if he wants another one (in English!!!) and he asnwers her question with a silent smile.

5 minutes after that I (and many others) hear them both accompanying P'Bird song by farting from almost beginning to end. A great performance, but I can't fucking believe it!!!

I seriously believe their underwear could be used as a CHEMICAL weapon if needed.

Yep, a day to forget.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep! There's all types out there. The strangest dude I ever saw was a man in his seventies (Boris Karloff-like in appearance) in the mini store at the gas station at the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 4 ... I went in for a couple of 'items' after hitting NEP a couple of years ago; and there he was, wandering around the store with his fly open & dick hanging out ! ... he had a blank stare on his face. There were quite a few bargirls in there who were laughing, but also quite amazed. ... I wonder if he found what he wqas looking for?

It's not just Farangs who can't read the "NO SMOKING" sign :doah:

My Wife and I like to eat Korean food and we frequent some places on Soi 12. Each time we go eat there the same thing happens. A bunch of loud, drunken Koreans finish their meals and light up. Just above their head on the wall is a sign in KOREAN & ENGLISH "NO SMOKING PLEASE" and do they care, nope :cussing: :onfire:

I think people in general who smoke have less concern for others no matter where they come from.

wandering around the store with his fly open & dick hanging out ! ..... I wonder if he found what he was looking for?

In this case I think more people were actually amused than bothered by his Junior in searching-mode. :)

I think people in general who smoke have less concern for others no matter where they come from.

True.

Fact is that they were misbehaving in a place where we (I was their only fellow-farang) were outnumbered by Thais.

I was obvioulsy not too happy about being seen as one of them.

Sorry to hear your evening was not pleasant.

IMO i better be carefull (some) of my fellow countrymen/and women behave very badly overseas.

Maybe they have saved up for years and think i am here helping your country by spending money/tours food etc .

I can and will do what ever i like ...what are they going to send me home!! (Thier mentality)

I shudder when i see them..makes me sick .

They wouldnt do it in thier own home town (someone would say something or in OZ a punch would not be far away.

Why didnt mrs Zaad give a hint to the staff in Thai?

You could stand behind her :neener:

[color:"red"]I think people in general who smoke have less concern for others no matter where they come from.[/color]

Please lets not confuse assholes who smoke with smokers.

Back to the main thread I often see behavior that is completely embarassing, rudeness that is staggering, and commentary that can only be classified as 'meaness'.

Ever read sarisin's Dickhead of the week column. It's a wonder that he can narrow it down to just one. I guess it should be renamed to 'biggest dickhead' of the week.

When I witness these things I am thankful that I am not on this level, and I like to think the way I behave opens the doors to a different experience. I try not to judge these people who are offensive, maybe it's just a bad day, perhaps their personal problems are monumental, maybe they don't know any better.

regardless, FUCK THEM!

Archived