I should have known better

Encore

Says culturecypher:

I would bet that something like this has happened to anyone with 100 or more posts.

Err.. No way! :angel:

Says culturecypher:

I for one applaud the doling out of the thousand baht. Not that I walk around getting suckered, but when you can avoid a problem do so.

I'd always get something for it. At least get her to dance around the room in a jig or something! :: Besides, you have a responsibility to break her in a bit for the next guy!

Says culturecypher:

that kind of sucks with angelwitch though as those black outfits are really happenin'. Anyone ever get a girl to bring it with her?

Ahem.. :angel: That's the whole point of Angelwitch! :hubba: ::

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing coincidence!! I was going to post a thread about my recent experience with an AW showgirl with the same title! The alternative thread title could have been "out of my league".

Here's my sad story:

In early April, I went to catch the famed 10 pm AW show with some other compatriots from various continents. As the show was underway, I was mesmerized by one girl's (in uniform, but not dancing, I'll call her the Drama Queen) flirty, dramatic personality. I flirted back, bought her a drink, and suggested a barfine before the opportunity was lost.

She enthusiastically accepted, agreed to LT, and asked if it was ok if we left after she did her part in the show. The warning bells went off, as I thought, an AW show girl is outta my league. But the offer was made and accepted, and she seemed so promising.

Her solo part in the show was over the top, and made me think, 'What a great actress"? We left around midnight, went to the Morning Night bar to play pool, and hopefully get her mau maak maak (very drunk).

We seemed to be having lotsa fun, she gets a call from another AW dancer who wants to join us. I buy drinks for her friend when she comes, and we all have a good time playing pool.

She and her friend spoke in Thai, and I started to sense a change in the drama queen's demeanor. After the beer bar closed, we walked to the hotel, and she started griping about me liking her friend more than her.

She turned surly, I asked if she changed her mind about staying with me, and she took that opportunity to say I didn't want her to stay with me, and she took off without any money.

One theory is the drama queen is in high demand, her friend had something better lined up, and she was looking for an opportunity to go elsewhere. Could've been another reason, but who knows.

Mai pen rai. I phoned a sweet FL I had met 2 nights ago at the Grace bar, and she was at my hotel in 15 minutes.

Good recovery and just the barfine and a few drinks down the drain.

As you say who know the reality of the act - but your guess sounds plausable. She played a nice game to get rid of you methinks, without loss of face for you.

Sounds like AW showgirls are to be avoided - unless someone can post a happy ending. :grinyes:

Says culturecypher:

The only mistake you made was not cutting your losses sooner. I would bet that something like this has happened to anyone with 100 or more posts. We should all no better, but figure in all of the good experience that you have had against this anomoly and drive on.

I for one applaud the doling out of the thousand baht. Not that I walk around getting suckered, but when you can avoid a problem do so.

When this happens to me i return to the bar and make it clear that I will not be taking a lady from this bar agian. I don't complain any further, i don't pull the mamasan aside, I return once, state that I do not want company from the bar, in a stern yet friendly manner, and I never return.

I don't know if the whole bar itself should be "penalized" if you get a lousy lay from one of its girls. You may have just got a lemon on that one occasion. The next girl you pick out from there may be the Rolls Royce of Romping. :clown:

"She played a nice game to get rid of you methinks, without loss of face for you."

good observation. She did dump me in the hotel corridor rather than in front of everyone in the beer bar. LOL.

"Sounds like AW showgirls are to be avoided - unless someone can post a happy ending."

I'm sure some guys do great with the hi-demand show girls, though it probably helps if the ladies get to know them and can see a potentially prosperous relationship. My initial instinct was this was a high risk barfine when I first found out she did a show, and my instinct proved right.

The positive thing about LOS is that few encounters end negatively like this one, and you are pleasantly surprised much more often than you are disappointed.

If she is the girl I am thinking of (chain smoker?) yes, she is in high demand. Like anyone that does the same job day in and day out (and dick in and dick out) she has her good days and bad days. I took her out on a night she was very jovial. Had a great time, and yes, she was shagadellic!

I would guess you are right about a better offer. Most of the stars of that show have many regulars. But I was shocked to see one of the more popular show dancers hanging out front the Nana Hotel car park after closing in April!

Says jacko:

Sounds like AW showgirls are to be avoided - unless someone can post a happy ending.
:grinyes:

Happy ending! Happy ending! You just have to manage them, let them know you know the game and don't let them get away with shit... Oh yeah - and be a stud.. :hubba: ::

It is actually a tough call. The gal could have been acting, hoping to get some dosh without having sex. She could have actually been in pain due to VD! Or she could have been genuine and responded to a bit of tender loving care. No way of knowing with these gals, they know all the tricks and can act their way into anything they want.

Archived