Any low-end brothels in town?

>>>It's not impossible to notice the difference although there will aways be an element of uncertainity.<<<

for most visitors, especially people like that beerbloat who still thinks that there is nothing wrong with indentured prostitution ( :banghead:) it is impossile.

these guys walk in with a stiffy and switched off brain just wanting to get their load off as cheap as possible.

you need more than a bit of experience and some thai language skills to see the difference in those places.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Some of them are indentured, but that's not the same thing as being a slave. Those who are indentured are doing the equivalent of paying off a loan to their families. <<<

>>>I do wish that I were a creature of high morals like you more upscale johns, but alas, am stuck here in the gutter. <<<

me thinks that you are on the wrong board here. keep on posting and getting yourself in the shit please.

Hi!

I don't doubt that there exists characters as you describe. However I do believe that even with my very limited Thai I can often get a feeling of if the girl is happy with her situation or not. Ofcourse I haven't been to a knocking shop for quite a few years but the same applies to girls in bars. Many of them ar not happy campers at all.

Sometimes I get the impression that you expat types think you're the only ones that understand Thailand. After going there regularely for about 14 years I understand quite alot without speaking Thai.

regards

ALHOLK

>>>that you expat types<<<

Ahem..., i am not an expat type, i did not come here on nice package with a well paid job. that would be an expat.

>>>you're the only ones that understand Thailand. After going there regularely for about 14 years I understand quite alot without speaking Thai.<<<

i don't really claim to understand thailand, that i think even most thais don't. but living here for a long time can give you some insights you don't get when coming regularly. that of course does not mean that you automatically get that knowledge by just living here, you have to fight hard for it.

speaking thai IMO is a must if you want to get beyond a certain stage here.

i am still learning every day, and regularly life here teaches me how much i still have to learn.

"me thinks that you are on the wrong board here. keep on posting and getting yourself in the shit please."

Is it better to have these kinds of discussions, with the hope of educating the misinformed, or is it better if these kinds of posts never existed?

it is good to have these dicussion once a while, as long as i don't have to get involved in same anal retentative repetative debate with people who refuse to educate themselves.

there are the misinformed, who i would gladly help to educate, and there are the ones who willingly use that sythem of indentured prostitution not caring about anything than their own gratification. it is useless to discuss with those.

Indentured or slave or whatever name you would give it, fact is that the girls who are brought from the Burmaborder into the Thai brothels and MP's do pay off their debts. They are free to go outside of the MP. There's no need to put a bouncer at the door to stop them from running away because they won't.

Ok,it does happen a few times a year that girls choose to leave and not to pay off their debts. These are the bodies of them or from familymembers you see on Thai tv now and then. Cases that are never investigated by the police. Snakeheads and other middlemen or known to be the best bribepayers.

Wouldn't know 'cos the mainstream's pretty cheap (by western standards) and a whole lotta fun as it is... anyway half enjoyment of LOS is getting to know, albeit on a superficial level, the girl b4, and sometimes even after, sex!

Although there is always that occassion whereby you fancy having some good sex without all the trimmings, but I think that even for this a bar would still be better than a brothel (if you make a distinction that is!)

The post makes interesting reading though! If only for the generated replies!

Ok,it does happen a few times a year that girls choose to leave and not to pay off their debts. These are the bodies of them or from familymembers you see on Thai tv

How do you know the girls are killed if they run away? Not disagreeing with your statement, just wondering where the info comes from.

Archived