Any low-end brothels in town?

Says trooper:

Just to make it sure...Does anyone know about the history of the soapy massage girls, for example in places like Chao Phya 2? Do they have debt contracts?

I think these girls are likely to be found in the high-end MP's which are visited by rich Thais, as the Thais tend to prefer tall,fair skinned girls with Chinese features .

To find out if a massagegirl is one of those debtcontractgirls you could ask her if she is Thai or Tai Yaai. If she's a Tai Yaai I think she will appreciate it that you know that a Tai Yaai is not the same as Thai . In fact they don't like it at all to be called a Thai.

If she's not a Thai you can be for 99 percent sure that she has been brought into the MP by a middleman.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I?ve lurked on this board for sometime and have posted just a couple of times recently, mainly because i?m trying to lose the ?stranger? tag from my record. I?ve certainly learned a lot from the experienced board members and I?ve read with interest Flyonzewalls? story about Cambodian brothel markets, i?m grateful to him for exposing the grim reality of that situation. If that story is still on the board somewhere I,d recommend everyone read it.

I?m surprised at the strength of feeling on this subject from the experienced board members. Whilst I?ve spent only a relatively short time in Thailand, I?m fully aware that it can be such a cruel place in so many ways, I once sat with a girl who had just started working in a beerbar in Soi Cowboy, she was physically shaking with fear as she sat with me. - I don?t think it was just my appearance..

My feeling is that the more understanding of the industry we have, the more difficult it is to justify patronage of any brothel establishment. And that the positions we take to justify our lifestyle choices are based on self and not others best interests.

Judging by the number of views the original post has had, it is an area of some interest to us all. I?m glad the point was raised and discussed on this board.

Just a couple of questions to end, do any board members enjoy partying in sing-a-song bars? And do the sing-a-song bars have similar forms of indenture?

::

Low-end brothels? a sad subject indeed.

I dunno any in Bkk, but was refused access to a dark place in Kanchanaburi which looked seedy anyway, thais don't wan't farangs in there?

Walked into some crowded street in Singapore, full of indians, was the most disgusting low-end brothel street I ever saw.

I stayed in a Mae Sai guest house (border with Myanmar) and was asked if I wanted a girl. A man brought me proudly a 16 year old burma virgin. It was her first night out to a customer. She was in terror.

Indentured? Oh yes. Disgusting? Up-to-you. Here I draw the line between human beings and sub-humans.

You agree with the mecanics of indenture? be my sub-human guest.

My gf and 2 of her sisters were indentured into "decent" work (no prostitution) for 8 years to pay for the parents house. Do parents have children to indenture their offspring to improve their life standard? Seems to be normal practice in many poor countries and the "middle man" is a criminal in my moral norm.

Be assured the gf is gratefull and happy I took her out of the system she was imprisonned in. And I do despise people who defend exploitation of people.

Says thalenoi:

Walked into some crowded street in Singapore, full of indians, was the most disgusting low-end brothel street I ever saw.

I stayed in a Mae Sai guest house (border with Myanmar) and was asked if I wanted a girl.

Been to Little India in Singapore too. I never expected places like this to be found in Singapore. Hordes of Indian peolple looking into the small houses (well sheds), some Katoys (Chinese?), Indian eunuchs, a Chinese girl that opened her leg when someone was passing her (she wear no pants). Going rate was SGD 20 - SGD 30. Nothing for the faint hearted, a very interesting scenery, though.

I also saw the Mae Sai scene. Imo not the place to spend a holiday.

I can see someone on a high horse :rolleyes: There's a lot worse exploitation than that perpetrated by 'civilised' western countries. The wealth of the western world was built upon exploitation. As we hog an unfair amount of the worlds resources, we can afford to have high 'moral' standards.

Yes, in poor countries people try tp produce large families in order to have support in their dotage.

NO, I don't agree that anyone should be forced into prostitution.

On the whole I don't disagree with you, I just don't think you should be so quick to criticise another's way of life.

Yes, it is good that you helped someone out of her situation, but there are many still there who only know this way of life.

In time the country will change and new way may prevail.

One could argue that the mere presence of well paying farangs is tempting more girls into prostitution, rather than seeking other forms of work.

I glad your GF and family didn't go down this route.

Chok dee khrab :beer:

My opinion on this topic in general is that I think it is pretty pathetic and sad when a Westerner with the benefits of higher education and a decent standard of living, spends in excess of US$1000 and 10+ hours of flight time to travel to a place such as Thailand and "PURPOSELY" searches for a $5 piece of pussy that may be indentured.

You know in the States they still have $20 crack whores available who have a hell of alot more choices than these developing world women that are forced into prostitution. The best deal for a cheap lay is still in the West for those whose mission is cheap sex.

Pathetic indeed.

Personally, my line stops at having sex with anyone who doesn't want to have sex with me.

[color:"blue"]

Theoretically, I agree .. but in reality, sometimes it's hard to tell until the deed is started :eek:

If the girl has "men" or feels "jep" or whatever other reasons, I wouldn't even start .. send her on her way and chalk it up as an experience and move on.

[/color]

Archived