Where to eat rabbit?

Zaad

Now I recall that the 'special' soup in Venezuela was in reality turtle. They used to pour a little port into it to add flavour. It was delicious. It seemed to consist of mainy meat - so I don't think there were many other ingredients other than spices and salt.

By the way it was called 'special' soup because eating the turtles was actually not permitted. Tasted a lot like Oxtail Soup!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or shall I bring some Vlaamse Reuzen ??? the biggest rabbit alive ? 12 - 15 kg a piece !!!!

::Holy Moly, that would leave only 5 kg for yourself in your suitcase haha.

Thanks BB, but I think it's a better idea to fill your suitcase with all sorts of little presents for your girl. She deserves that rather than accompanying you with this 15kg-Bunny looking for my address in BKK. :D

I'll ask my mom to make a few rabbit dishes for Christmas when I'm there.

Thanks anyway. :)

Zaad,

Dont worry about luggage, I have a 30 kg allowance :)

As for rabbit, if you dont live in BKK, it may spoil, then it would be better to wait for mommy :)

Actually I went to Bokrijk last month with the GF, she was SO surprised to see how big those monsters are hahahaha

Cheers !

coming back to your original question. as it's not common for thais to eat rabbit, you better try then western cuisine. its quite common in french (lapin) and italian (coniglio) cuisine.

i remember to have seen it in the french restaurant on Sukhumvit soi 3 Les Chevaliers; and i open the menu from Room Service (one of the food couriers in Bangkok) and here it is:

Lapin a la moutarde de meaux (mustard sauce)

probably there are others!

Sounds great, BB. ;)

Although...I don't think I'll be able to convince my girl for a nice lapin and frankly, neither do I believe you can convince yours. :)

Fooling them is an option, but ... a quite risky one. They could very well form a team and strike back HARD!. ::

I'm fairly sure to be able to convince her, AND to keep my balls afterwards :)

Fairly sure, BB? That's not enough for me. ::

Jokes aside, I think it's a nice idea and if they (or one of them) don't want to indulge then so be it.

As long as I see lapin on MY plate I'm a happy man. ::

Mid July? I'll make sure I have a trip to BKK by then. :)

no problem! i have not met many thais, who know what a lapin is.

you just explain it as "a small tasty animal, which name you can not remember at the moment" and she will eat it.

another possiblity is, that you and BB order the lapin and your wife and BB's wife can choose among:

Supreme de Volaille au Roquefort

Pintade Rotie Sauce forestiere

Confit de Canard

Jarret d'Agneau aux Flageolets

Coq au Vin

or seafood:

Escalopes de Merou au Beurre d'Oranges

Filet de Dorade sur Lit de Boulangers et Pleurottes

Loup a l'unilateral au Coulis de Poivrons

etc.

shit and i am on a Diet :banghead:

Archived