Where to eat rabbit?

Zaad

Says Zaad:

I've never eaten squirrel before. Is it an expensive dish?

Is it cooked, fried, grilled???

its not expensive; i had it deep fried and phat phet (stirfried with spicy sauce)

it tastes rather different than rabbit and is much more bony (with not so much meat around the bones). rabbit tastes pretty much similar to cat IMO...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Samak.

I'm not really fond of boney dishes but I might as well give it a try just for the sake of it. Although it sounds rather good if accompanied with this stirfried spicey sauce. :)

Cat similar to rabbit? Hmm...Now that's something I'll think twice about before digging in. ::

Zaad,

Warning you......... rabbits are kept as pets in LOS.......

I showed my GF rabbit here in the supermarket, she was disgusted....... later in a traditional food restaurant I ordered it ( unknown to her ) and she ate every last morsel of it hahahaha.......

Need to say it was stewed with kriekbeer and prunes...... yummyyyyyyyyyyyy

Shall I bring you some in july ? :)

Cheers !

Nova Scotia! ... the best rabbit pie I've ever had was in Nova Scotia ... have never seen it here. :banghead:

We used to buy fresh, skinned (and cleaned) rabbits on Rt. 30 in Wayne, PA at the farmers' market (Lancaster County ... maybe the richest farmland in America). My buddy had a special way of barbequing them. He also made a very good, rabbit stew. :up:

.... also, in Philly, there's some great turtle (snapper) soup/stew ... a NPP favourite! :up:

Shall I bring you some in july ? :)

That would be great, I hope they'll survive the long flight. ;)

NPP,

I love soup, any soup for that mather! :)

Never heard of turtle soup though. :: What else does it contain besides turtles? :)

Funny how this thread jumps from rabbit to squirrel to cats to turtles...what next?

Says limbo:

...My wife looked at me in disbelief when I asked her.......

This, from peoples who eat insects and their larvae???

:down: :puke graemlin:

I would think that this discussion about eating tree rats and long- ear rats (all rodentiae) would generate as much controversy as the recent thread about eating pussy.

Says Zaad:

That would be great, I hope they'll survive the long flight.
;)

Zaad,

Jeeez, you want them alive ???? hahahahaha, how about supermarket cut & packed up ?

That will hold till your fridge, no ?

Do you need the Kriekbeer as well ???

Or shall I bring some Vlaamse Reuzen ??? the biggest rabbit alive ? 12 - 15 kg a piece !!!!

Cheers !

Archived