Bar Girls Moving to Farangland... do they work???

MooNoi

And by saying 'DO THEY WORK?' I don't mean 'function' or like they did in the bar!!!

If any of you have taken a BG back to live in farangland, has she actually gained meaningful employment, or does she expect you to be the sole bread-winner, while she 'keeps house'?

I was thinking of a particular BG that I 'COULD' possibly end up wanting to have as a girlfriend, :: (DANGER?!), and taking back to Farangland with me when the time comes.

But being a younger guy, my income is probably not quite enough to support a second person. The girl in question used to work in an office in Bangkok and has office skills, such as computers etc. etc., and English is quite good, but; a) What chance of her getting a job in farangland that ISN'T totally shitty, and B) Would she do it??? :dunno:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think yes. She may never end up with a 6 figure $$ salary, but as her life changes drastically, "when in Rome...." Which means work like the rest of us.

In SF, which is a restaurant city, many are waitresses or kitchen helpers, and may move up to some low management position. Not just thai restaurants.

i think a great job idea would be to set up a web site where, if having learnt a farang language, they could translate e-mails from TGs to their other-than-thai destination. Why am i giving it away?.....

Guest lazyphil

My ex bg works at two different local Thai restaurants. The money she makes is actually very helpful indeed, I simply cant make enough to keep her as a kept wife, not only that just sitting around the house waiting for me to come home would drive her nuts :D. She has experience in assembly lines for Japanese electronics companys and as cashier in supermarkets so potentially she could do something like this. But she likes the Thai interaction with Thai workmates and feels comfortable in their company (of which none are from the bar scene; Rustys new girly included!!)

I do wonder if a Thai graduate could compete in the high skilled job market here???...note a question rather than a statement!

Usually it is a function of how much money the husband makes and what is her motivation level.

At worst, she can work in a thai restaurant and given the area like san francisco she can bring home some decent money.

Or if she is motivated, she can go to vocational school or university and make something of herself. I know a TG who is now a medical assistant via vocational school with a real job with benefits. She is making decent middle class supplemental money. She has joined the american rat race.....

The bottom line is her own motivational level combined with whether the husband wants/needs her to work or not. The husband's financial situation or how he feels about a women's place in society will determine her working status.....

Cardinalblue

Cardinalblue

I think most TG's who move abroad work - if not a filthy rich hubby. A certain percentage of ex pro's use previous skills. And these also work the system, cheat and lie to government to get money. Cards flow around. They can play for days if even if they have a small baby.

But here in Norway, many work hard in low salary jobs and by God - do not deserve shit. They are heroes in my book. They work hard as they know the value of a buck.

Thats the majority. Maybe the bad apples are like 25 %? Just a guess, dunno facts. I know that the 3 Thais I brought here (ex and her kids) have contributed more to Norway than most Norwegians.

Cheers!

"The bottom line is her own motivational level combined with whether the husband wants/needs her to work or not. The husband's financial situation or how he feels about a women's place in society will determine her working status....."

I guess I dunno shit about US.

I can count on my hand TG's who stay at home being lazy who I know here tho (Norway), they go out go earn money and love it as its BIG for them. Its not motivation, the value of money and how fast you can get it is MOTIVATION.

And yeah, they own the village when they go back :grinyes: Build a house which is no.1 in the village.

Cheers!

Says cardinalblue:

Usually it is a function of how much money the husband makes and what is her motivation level. At worst, she can work in a thai restaurant and given the area like san francisco she can bring home some decent money. Or if she is motivated, she can go to vocational school or university and make something of herself. I know a TG who is now a medical assistant via vocational school with a real job with benefits. She is making decent middle class supplemental money. She has joined the american rat race.....

The bottom line is her own motivational level combined with whether the husband wants/needs her to work or not. The husband's financial situation or how he feels about a women's place in society will determine her working status.....

Cardinalblue

Or, remembering that this thrice-divorced 3 kids-alcoholic/yaa-baa/VD-riddled whore is fundamentally a prostitutue by trade, you could always stick her back on the game and live like a kingpin yourself :).

jack :up:

Archived