Bar Girls Moving to Farangland... do they work???

MooNoi

I always have gone for knolwedge and education, so I guess, like you, I am an I'm an education freak.

Education freak, I like this word ::

Too bad that in most countries you need a lot of money to get a good education.....

Best regards

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] Too bad that in most countries you need a lot of money to get a good education.....

[/color]

Hi,

Education is really expensive. Without scholarships, grants and working while going to school, I couldn't have made it. When I look back now, I feel it was worth the pain, money and suffering. :drunk:

Cheers!

>>>I was brought up poor and quite proud of where I am<<<

Good for you Jasmine, all I wanted to point out is that not all are as lucky as you. Even though they may have had the desire to learn, their personal circumstances may have restricted them from doing so.

>>>What I said was that these people I met are hard working and they normally do not get picky and that is a plus. Contrary to some educated Thais who are quite spoiled that they become picky on jobs and take many things for granted.<<<

Now that I can certainly relate to. Using your words in this context make perfect sense.

>>>but I do feel that degrees do help openning doors and you can say anything you want about degrees, it is proven a fact that education does help and I bet you will want your children to go as far as they can on their education<<<

Yes I do agree, and yes I would love my kids to take their education as far as they possibly can. My point was just that education should never be taken as the 'be all and end all' of anyones life.

>>>I must have hit some nerves when I mentioned education, eh?<<<

I think maybe you did, but then again maybe not, because for some it is just not possible - for whatever reason..

And when I stated that I myself came from the lower-educated bracket. I did not mean that I left school without any qualifications (or that I may be stupid), it is just the fact that I didnt leave with any major ones (A levels, O levels or the like), got plenty of CSE's though.

>>>Try to find one of my posts which I introduced myself, I am not from a rich, priviledged family, what I am today and all the degrees I have, I have earned them!!!<<<

Found them Jas, and found it very interesting. Apologies for being a bit harsh yesterday with my comments, but from your initial post, I just jumped to the conclusion that you were a stuck up, pompous, over-educated little madam. Now I realise (thankfully) that you are not. I have met too many of that kind in the past..

And finally well done for being able to take your level of education to the stage it is at, that really is something to be proud of. I am just happy that you were given the opportunity to make it happen.

Guest lazyphil

<<I always have gone for knolwedge and education, so I guess, like you, I am an I'm an education freak>>

Shame they didn't educate you enough to construct a coherent sentence :neener: (and spell corektly; I can get away with it as I'm an uneducated pleb :grinyes:)

[color:"red"] Found them Jas, and found it very interesting. Apologies for being a bit harsh yesterday with my comments, but from your initial post, I just jumped to the conclusion that you were a stuck up, pompous, over-educated little madam. Now I realise (thankfully) that you are not. I have met too many of that kind in the past..

[/color]

No problem. I know that I do assume that people in this board know my background. You are also right that I do at times sound stuck-up. :o What I need to learn that people are sensitive in certain things and go easy on my viewpoints.

:hug: and Cheers!

Archived