Bar Girls Moving to Farangland... do they work???

MooNoi

Guest lazyphil

<<I can count on my hand TG's who stay at home being lazy who I know here tho (Norway), they go out go earn money and love it as its BIG for them. Its not motivation, the value of money and how fast you can get it is MOTIVATION>>

Same here. In fact I cant think of even one lazy Thai female, or male for that matter (a few Thai guys kicking about here). Even the tg married to the super rich guy uni proffesor/company director who just recently gave her a brand new Jag convertable and has no need to work goes to her hubbys Thai restaurant to help out, more of a hobby than a need, still it says to me Thais dont like sitting around all day on their asses doing nothing. One other gal I know has just had a beauty shop opened by her old man- goes to show not all Thais here have to work in restaurants of course. Just seems like one of the most obvious chances for someone unable to crack mainstream work places (bankers, lawyers, Doctors, bio chemists, etc), not really unlike expat teachers in BKK trying to make a buck and cannot get a mainstream position in Thai society. Same same as they say.

I'm thinking of encouraging the mrs to join up the police force and eventually move into vice :neener:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI CBK

And these also work the system, cheat and lie to government to get money. Cards flow around. They can play for days if even if they have a small baby.

I am sorry to say that this is also the case in the city in which I live in Denmark.

I know the majority of thais living here and the majority definitely do NOT work. The live on all kinds of social welfare, still going to school to learn the lingo after 10 years of living here!! no kidding!!

They work the system very well indeed. Pretending to be living alone to get increased allowances for kids etc. Don`t get me wrong I am not on a crusade here, merely stating facts, as I know them all too well.

There are exceptions of course, but I feel sad to say that quite of few of these exceptions do not participate in those activities as their husbands do not allow them to hang out with the other thais.

There are a bunch of hardcore ex-BGs running the show in my city and it seems like noone can stand up against them or don`t want to, whatever.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Guest lazyphil

This is a shame you have this problem. Here I'm more concerned about Albanian (asylum seakers :nono:) gangsters causing aggro.

Guest lazyphil

I would love to join the rat race here in the UK, but I'll settle for the tortoise race for the time being...less stressful :grinyes:

There's no general rule. Depends on your GF.

The ones I know would prefer not to work, at least not some serious jobs. One way they to avoid working is to get a kid, which is also a surefire way to get permanent residence.

One works because she want's to avoid her second divorce. Works in old care and hates it. Even had the guts to tell my wife (indonesian) to screw me and go for alimony and child support.

But I wouldn't judge all by the few I know.

Fly,

"If any of you have taken a BG back to live in farangland, has she actually gained meaningful employment..."

I agree with Phil and the Cardinal that it depends entirely on the woman whether or not she will work. Certainly she will be able to find work if she wants it, although it may be 'shit work' initially.

In my personal experience my ex-wife did not work for the 1st year, because she wanted to be home when her son left for and returned from school. After his first year of school in the USA, she felt comfortable that he could take adequate care of himself and had decent friends to hang with, so she went to work. She is not the academic type and did not take advantage of night school opportunities to improve her spoken English and after almost 3 years in the USA she still cannot read or write English. She has only a 6th grade education. But she was able to find work making slightly more than minimum wages. Since she left me, I understand from a mutual friend that now she's even working 2 jobs. She may not be the studious type, but she does have a very good work ethic and does not like to sit around.

On the other hand, I am now involved with a university-educated Thai woman who also wants to work when she comes to the USA. She presently works as a agent and assistant office manager for a thai insurance company in Chiangmai. Her spoken English is pretty good, as is her reading and writing in English, but I don't think there's any way she can get a comparable job in the US. However, she says she's willing to take a lesser job and wants to get some additional schooling. I'm sure she'll be able to qualify for well above minimum-wage work in a year or two.

Regards, JEff

All the thai girls living in my hometown work (visas permitting). I'm not aware of their backgrounds and have never asked, i'm sure some are from bars. Generally they work in thai / chinese restaurants or supermarkets. One has her own hair dressing salon and is running a very successful small business.

The money is good by thai standards and the work empowers them, enables them to support their families and make a contribution to the household.

With the money they save a surprising number are buying up property in Thailand ready for when they retire.

Fly

If you are going to make the effort of giving her a better life abroad then the least she could do is make the effort herself.

If she doesn't maybee you have chosen a wrong one.

Why are you thinking of leaving Thailand? (not that it's any of my business)

My wife worked in a plant nursery. She started as casual labour, was kept on when the rest of the casuals were laid off and ended up running the potting department (don't ask) We lived next door and all she had to do was hop over the wall, but I don't think she was on time once. She loved the work, and it gave her own financial independence which for us was pretty essential.

Most of the Thai wives I got to know in the UK worked apart from the ones actively raising a family.

Archived