Wedding Hints and Tips needed

itsmedave

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Great wedding acount Stick & SB thanks.

A lot of talk of costs as usual, but in the end it seems no matter how many or few one invites the investment is more than returned in gifts i.e. each guest on average more than pay for his expense :up:

The wedding studio thingy as far as I know is uncommon in Europe, but makes good sense at least the rental of wedding dresses.

I did this also actually & hated almost every minute of that long day dressing up & in front of the camera. felt like a bloody movie star & feel sorry for them LOL!

But it doesn't stop there of course as from the many shots being taken the best one have to be selected for the photo book as well as wedding day etc.

We got away with some 30k I think...

As for the wedding day is still to come & will be all taken care by her family :)

BelgianBoy said:

Another subject here for me....... my GF - who wants to marry me - is a fullblooded Bangkok catholic girl.

Anybody out there with experience in a catholic wedding ?

Cheers !

Been to a couple of all Thai Catholic Weddings at Assumption, the Church Service and the reception afterwards. Apart from the Language it seemed pretty much the same as Short Service Catholic Weddings I have attended in UK. (2 types of Catholic Ceremony in UK Full Service or Shortened Service).

Reception afterwards similar to other receprions described here.

SanukBoot said: Approximately 6 weeks before our ceremony my wife and I had a photo session with a professional photographer. This took 1 day to do and the morning was spent on make-up for my wife and the afternoon was where the photos were taken. We dressed up in all kinds of clothes, from Traditional Thai kit, to a Japanese Emperor and Chinese Emperor. The total cost was 52,000 Baht. Was this money well spent and would I recommend this to others? Absolutely! The photos give us a lifetime of memories and whilst it was a tiring day it was certainly fun!

Sorry, but I just don't get it. Your wedding photos are not of your wedding, they are of a day spent dressing up in costumes, 6 weeks before the wedding! What's wrong with natural pictures of the day spent with friends and family. Surely they would give you a lifetime of memories rather than some contrived studio pictures? ::

The Friday before the wedding (wedding on Sunday) all of my family arrived from overseas, so we went through a rough rehersal of everything and then had a big family dinner out! There was a natural argument over which family paid the bill and we won the fight to pay the bill (total cost 2,800 Baht for 20 people)! Unbelievably cheap!

At Bt.140 a head that is unbelievably cheap! How long ago was this? My birthday dinner in Bkk last month cost me Bt.21,847 (just received the visa bill) and there were only 8 of us!

The studio photos simply comes in addition to the wedding photos being taking at the wedding party :)

Lest just say asians/thai have a thing about photos & looking their absolute best. Its all about apperance you see ;)

Personally I find it laughable particularly the big studio photos on display at the wedding day, where as pointed out the bride is hard to recoqnise ::

Archived